Помогите с тестом.
6. “You may take a seat, Mr. Wirthing.” – “Thank you, Lady Blackwell, I prefer_ _____.”
To be stood
To be standing
8. I saw Dr. Chasuble___through the garden
10. I think you had better____till Dad arrives
12. Mr. Worthing is sure____back soon.
14. I______the yard when he came up to the door.
Had been crossing
Has been crossing
32. I don’t know if Mr. Holmes____________time to see you tomorrow.
Is going to have
34. Don’t worry, I_________the phone.
Am going to answer
36. Look at those dark clouds. It _________________
Is going to rain
38. At midnight I_____by a knock at the door.
Was woken up
Was being woken up
Was heard has woken up
Had heard woke up
42. The cake_______delicious.
48. When we arrived the whole place was wet from the rain which_______trough the night
Has been fallen
Had been fallen
52. The boat was due to come at eleven, but it was now one o’clock and it _____________.
Did not come
Had not come
Has not come
Was not coming
56. She______to the Oak-Tree House every summer when Aunt Polly was alive but it was long, long ago.
Used to come
Has been coming
64. We were informed that the conference______for the next two days.
Will be going on
Would be going on
Would have been going on
Would have gone on
6. .Standing 8. Coming10. Wait 12. To be 14. Was crossing 32. Will have 34.Will answer 36. Is going to rain 38. Was woken up 42. Tastes 48. Had fallen 52.Did not come 56.Used to come 64. Would be going on
Пункт 6 интересный.
Я бы дал ответ"I prefer to stand". Если с герундием, то " I prefer to remain standing" или " I prefer standing to sitting on the floor".
Да, с prefer и инфинитив и герундий, черт их знает,чего они хотят Надо два оставить вообще. Там из ситуации standing to sitting. Пожалуй, для них лучше инфинитив.