Test

• Now you will in the meaning of TO INTERFERE WITH, TO TORPEDO, TO UPSET.

Скрыть комментарии
  • What do you think about the task A? Is it ok? I have doubts about some sentences.

• What do you think about the task A? Is it ok? I have doubts about some sentences.

• I think that verything is OK.
    I could not have done better myself.

• Thanks a lot!

• I do not want to seem intrusive, but my doubts did not disperse.
    TASK A
    1) 4 You’ll be given a new credit card only after you fill out \ have filled out (fill out) this application form.
    Actions expressed by the future perfect tense may be used in subordinate clauses of time and condition.In such cases the present perfect is used instead of the future perfect, but the simple present can be used instead of the present perfect with little difference in meaning. Сonsidering that there's no any context , I think both options can be used.
    2) 5 Thanks a lot for the loan. I will pay \ I'm going to pay you back next month.
    There's no any context again. So far as we are talking about a loan it can be the preplanned action - be going to. Оn the other hand it can be willingness: action without prior plan - will (future simple). To my mind both options are Ok, aren't they?

• 1) 4 You’ll be given a new credit card only after you fill out \ have filled out (fill out) this application form.
    Actions expressed by the future perfect tense may be used in subordinate clauses of time and condition.In such cases the present perfect is used instead of the future perfect, but the simple present can be used instead of the present perfect with little difference in meaning. Сonsidering that there's no any context , I think both options can be used.

---Absolutely cottect. Either of the two may be used in the same meaning. But as the preposition AFTER already means a prior action, there is no sense in using the present perfect tense. Present Indefiniote will quite suffice.

2) 5 Thanks a lot for the loan. I will pay \ I'm going to pay you back next month.
    There's no any context again. So far as we are talking about a loan it can be the preplanned action - be going to. Оn the other hand it can be willingness: action without prior plan - will (future simple). To my mind both options are Ok, aren't they?

---It depends on how you look at WIIL. If you want it to have a modal connotation, then it is willingness. But then what does WILLINGNESS have to do with the pepayment of the debt?
    I would not look at the sentence from this angle.
    If it is an ordinary auxilioary verb, then you will pay your debt next month. There is no willingness, no surety, just spontaneity of the action.
    In view of the above, I personally would choose to say I AM GOING TO PAY...
    This way it clearly shows both intension and surety of committing an action in the near future.

• Тhanks, your comments are always extremely full and clear.