Помогите сделать контрольную

• Вариант 4

I. Перепишите следующие предложения; подчеркните Participle I и Participle II и определите их функции, т.е. укажите, является ли оно определением, обстоятельством или частью глагола-сказуемого. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
    1. He saw some people in the post office sending telegrams.
    2. The house surrounded by tall trees is very beautiful.
    3. I have read a lot of books since my childhood.
    4. Being busy, he postponed his trip.

II. Перепишите следующие предложения и переведите их на русский язык, обращая внимание на функцию инфинитива (см. образец 2).

1. These children are pleasant to look at.
    2. They had nothing interesting to read.
    3. It is difficult to say what he meant.
    4. She has something to be proud of.

III. Перепишите следующие предложения и переведите их на русский язык, обращая внимание на разные значения слов it, that, one (см. образец 3).

1. It upset me not to find them at home.
    2. The man that is sitting at the table is our teacher.
    3. One should be very attentive when crossing the street.
    4. I have lost my pen. I must buy one.

IV. Перепишите следующие предложения и переведите их на русский язык, обращая внимание на согласование времён (см. образец 4).

1. She thought that he had left the Institute.
    2. Tom said he was in the room.
    3. Father told us what we would be doing on Sunday.
    4. She said she was very busy.
    V. Раскрывая скобки, напишите каждое предложение 3 раза, образуя условные предложения I, II и III типов. Переведите предложения па русский язык (см. образец 5).

1. If you (not to work) systematically, you (to fail) at the examination.
    2. If I (not to be) too busy, I (to go) to concert.
    3. If no one (to come) to help, we (to oblige) to do the work ourselves.

VI. Прочтите и устно переведите с 1-го по 6 - й абзац текста. Перепишите и письменно переведите 1, 2, 3, 4 абзацы.

Menu Planning
    1. The menu is an important component of food service operations. Without a menu the customers will not know what their choice is for dishes to order. The menu creates an image of the establishment. It should be in harmony with the type of the food service establishment.
    2. Customers are familiar with the standardized menu and do not need its description. Fast-food restaurants simply post names and prices of their products near the sales counters.
    3. On the other hand, a big restaurant would have an altogether different menu. The traditional table-service restaurant might have a menu as large as a book with detailed descriptions of its wide range of dishes. To draw attention to daily specials some restaurants find it useful to box these items on the menu or to write them on a chalkboard near the entrance.
    4. The menu planning is organized on the basis of the available food products and kitchen staff. The service transfers the menu items from the kitchen staff to the customers. Service should know the meaning of all terms used on the menu so they can explain them to any customers.
    5. The structure of the menu is usually based on following courses:
    • Starters
    • Soups
    • Entrees
    • Main courses
    • Desserts
    6. There are four basic types of menus: a la carte menu*, Table d'hote menu*, Carte du jour*, Cycle menu*.

Notes:
    a la carte menu - а-ля карт (выбор блюд по меню)
    Table d'hote menu - табльдот (комплексный обед, ужин)
    Carte du jour – меню на данный день
    Cycle menu – циклическое меню

VII. Прочтите 5-й абзац текста и вопрос к нему. Письменно ответьте на вопрос.
    What types of menu do you know?

VIII. Cоставьте согласно представленному плану аннотацию статьи (см. образец стр. 12).

Tales Bring the West Alive
    4th Annual White Mountains’ Storytelling Festival
    Bring your family and friends to enjoy music, Old West reenactments, food, and cultural, ethnic, and historical stories about Arizona and the real Southwest at the 4th Annual White Mountains' Storytelling Festival, September 16-18th. This year's event will take place at Show Low's Festival Marketplace on Cooley, a block south of the Deuce of Clubs and two blocks west of White Mountain Boulevard.
    The event kicks off on Friday the 16th with Storytellers visiting local classrooms and the Show Low Senior Center during the day. In the evening the Show Low Historical Society presents campfire stories and music with the following local storytellers and musicians: Duane Harris, Curt Gillespie, Ed Miller's Family Western Band, Greg Butler, Christine Jeffs and Daughters, Eric McNeil, Steve Taylor, Pcle Stock, Norma Savage Franke and Bradford Nikolaus. Come early and visit with the many vendors along Cooley Avenue starting at 4 pm. The campfire storytelling will start at 6 p.m.
    On Saturday the 17th, attend storytelling workshops from 8 to 11 a.m. brought to you by the Show Low Library Friends and event storytellers. At 10 am, activities will get underway at Festival Marketplace with stories from professional storytellers, music, reenactments of the OK Corral shoot-out by the Arizona Gunfighters, and an appearance by Wyatt Earp's great grandnephew at 6 pm. Also, we anticipate participation by many food, art, and craft vendors.
    "Catch a Story from the Southwest" from 10 am to 9 pm at the Show Low Stage with any of this year's storytellers and performers, including: Tony Norris, Arizona Gun Fighters, Liz Warren, Sue Harris, Yellow Bird Indian Dancers, Madison Walker, Dean Cook, Jim Easterbrook, Dorothy Daniels Anderson, Martin Rivera, Wyatt Earp, Don Doyle, and local talents.
    This event is being brought to you with help from our sponsors, including the Show Low Library Friends, Bison Homes, While Mountain Entertainment, Corral West and grants from the Arizona Commission on the Arts and the Arizona Humanities Council. Call or look for updates on the City's website: www.showlowar.gov
    Tourist News, September 2005