Двойное отрицание в предложении.

• Здравствуйте. Помогите, пожалуйста, разобраться.
    1) He did not phone, so I am sure he has not decided not to come.
    2) No, he cannot have decided not to come.
    (he has not decided not to come) -двойное отрицание.
    (he cannot have decided not to come) -двойное отрицание.
    У меня такие два предложения, а я научена, что так, вроде как, нельзя. Спасибо.

• Известная всем песня Beatles.
    Oh! Darling,
    Please believe me,
    I’ll NEVER do you NO harm,
    Believe me when I tell you...

В обычной речи редко употребляется. А как стилистический прием у творческих людей или, как просторечие, в литературе –часто. Обычно для усиления.

• In standard English, when we use negative words such as nobody, nowhere, never or nothing, we do not commonly use a negative verb:
    He had nothing interesting to tell us.
    Not: He hadn’t nothing interesting…
    It was 10 am but there was nobody in the office.
    Not: … but there wasn’t nobody in the office.

Не все говорят на правильном английском, так же, как на правильном русском.

However, we hear double and triple negatives spoken in some regional dialects of English. This is common when people from the same region are speaking with one another. Double negatives like this are not acceptable in formal situations or in writing.
    Compare
    non-standard dialect
    standard English
    We couldn’t never work with nobody like that.
    We couldn’t ever work with anybody like that.
    He never says nothing interesting to no one.
    He never says anything interesting to anyone.

А это вполне легальное использование, даже в письменной речи.!!
    Double negation with adjectives and adverbs (not unexpected)
    However, we can use not + an adjective or adverb with a negative prefix (e.g. un-, in-) as a way of softening or downtoning the meaning of the adjective. The meaning becomes affirmative, but the double negation shows that the writer/speaker is cautious about it. This is most common in formal writing:

This year’s rise in inflation to 3% was not unexpected. (This year’s rise in inflation to 3% was expected to some extent.)
    The crisis has been attributed, not unreasonably, to the Prime Minister’s weakness.

• Вера, спасибо Вам большущее за помощь! Очень Вам благодарна за столь понятное и исчерпывающее объяснение.