Jounce & along

• Подскажите, плиз, как в данном случае перевести jounce. В источнике переводят "ударяться".
    I reached the detour and turned onto it. The road was as bad as I had imagined — packed dirt, two lanes wide, filled with potholes that made my old Buick JOUNCE and groan. The Buick needed new shock absorbers, but shocks are an expense a schoolteacher sometimes has to put off, even when he is a widower with no children and no hobbies except his dream of revenge.
    На мой взгляд, "трясти" больше подходит.
    В продолжение темы. Далее идет:
    As the Buick bounced and wallowed along, an idea occurred to me. Instead of following Dolan’s Cadillac the next time it left Vegas for LA or LA for Vegas, I would pass it – get ahead of it.
    Along в первом предложении будет переводиться как "дальше"?
    Заранее спасибо!

• Вы правы. Источник ошибается. Здесь речь идет о ТРЯСКЕ от езды по ухабистой дороге. Машину трясло, потому что она была в ямах (potholes) и нуждалась в новый амортизаторах (new shock absorbers).

И во втором случае вы правы. Старый Бьюик подпрыгивал и неуклюже продвигался дальше/вперед/по дороге. В русском я зыке могут быть несколько вариантов.