the Past or the Present Perfect Continuous in the sentences.

• 1. Emma (wait for) you for an hour already. 2. When you came, Emma (wait for) you for an hour already. 3. Lucy (listen) to music since she came from school. 4. Lucy (listen) to music for a long time before she went to school. 5. The students (learn) the tenses since the beginning of the semester. 6. The students (learn) the tenses for a long time before they began to use them correctly. 7. Hurry up, you (pack) your things since the very morning. 8. I (pack) my things since the very morning, when at last I packed them all. 9. Mary ( practice) the piano for two hours. It`s time she had a rest. 10. Mary (practice) the piano for two hours, when she decided to have a rest. 11. Nick (look) through the magazines for an hour. 12. Nick (look) through the magazines for an hour and a half, when he found the article that interested him. 13. Nell (stay) home since she fell ill with flue. 14. Nell (stay) home for a fortnight when the doctor told she could go to school.

• 1. Emma (has been waiting for) you for an hour already. 2. When you came, Emma (had been waiting for) you for an hour already. 3. Lucy had.been listening to music since she came from school. 4. Lucy had been listening to music for a long time before she went to school. 5. The students has been (learning the tenses since the beginning of the semester. 6. The students had been learning) the tenses for a long time before they began to use them correctly. 7. Hurry up, you have been packing your things since the very morning. 8. I had been packing my things since the very morning, when at last I packed them all. 9. Mary has been practicing ) the piano for two hours. It`s time she had a rest. 10. Mary had been practicing the piano for two hours, when she decided to have a rest. 11. Nick has been looking through the magazines for an hour. 12. Nick had been looking) through the magazines for an hour and a half, when he found the article that interested him. 13. Nell had been staying home since she fell ill with flue.?? 14. Nell had been staying home for a fortnight when the doctor told she could go to school.