Phrasal Verbs

• I'm Anastasiia, a student from Ukraine. I'm doing a research about phrasal verbs. Could you answer a few questions I would like to ask you? What phrasal verbs do you use more often in your everyday conversation? Which one do you usually use if you can choose between a phrasal or a general verb? Thank you very much for your help!

• 1. Phrtasal verbs with to be, to do, to look, to get, to set.

2. If there is a choice, I naturally prefer to use an orfinary verb. So does everybody else, I believe. But if a study of a phrasal verb is being done and a person aims at getting a positive long-lasting result, the phrasal verb under study is to be used more often than not. Otherwise, the knowledge will not sink in, be memorized and turn into a steady skill.

• What are the phrasal verbs?

This is a combination of words is made up of a verb and a preposition, a verb and an adverb, this combination of words functions as a verb. It is important to learn phrasal verbs because they are very common in English. The one of the most popular phrasal verb is " check in ". We meet it at the airports, at the reception of the hotels, in the internet etc. The best way to understand how to use the phrasal verbs is to learn them by heart.
    It should be remembered there is a difference between the phrasal verbs and the idioms that are groups of words in a specific order that form an expression. Those expressions are usually special meaning to one language and are not translated word for word.
    I have never considered how I often used in my day-to-day life.

An Extensive List of Phrasal Verbs | Common Phrasal Verbs
    http://www.gingersoftware.com/content/grammar-rules/verbs/list-of-phrasal-verbs/