Помогите пожалуйста с контрольной
I. Раскройте скобки, употребляя эквиваленты модальных глаголов соответствующем времени.
1. We (not to have) to take a taxi because we had a lot of time before the plane took off.
2. I don’t think we (to be able) to check the prices just after the meeting.
3. Our president (to be) to sign the contract with the British firm at 10 o’clock today.
4. The president said during the talks that they (not to be able) to reduce their prices for the goods.
5. You (to have to) get the materials ready right away?
6. Mr. Camp can not wait any longer as he (to be) to go to the airport in an hour.
7. You (to have to) reserve a room in advance to get accommodation at the hotel last month?
II. Заполните пропуски производными от some, any, no, every (+body, +thing, +where).
1. I want to tell you _____ about the results of the tests as the engineer has not told us _____ about them.
2. _____ phoned you when you were out but I could not find you _____.
3. I don’t know _____ about the remaining goods, as the sellers have not sent us their answers yet.
4. Has _____ made arrangements about out visit to the exhibition? I’m sorry, _____ has told me about it yet.
5. We will go _____ tonight as the weather is bad. I think _____ will be glad to stay at home and watch TV.
III. Передайте следующие приказания в косвенной речи по данному образцу:
Open a Letter of Credit! - He told me (asked me) to open a Letter of Credit.
Make an appointment with Mr. X!
Reserve accommodation for Mr. Camp!
Clarify some matters with your people!
Look through the price-lists!
IV. Дайте развернутые ответы на следующие вопросы, обращая внимание на употребление времен в придаточных предложениях времени и условия.
1. What will you do if the technical conditions of the order don’t suit you? 2. Will you open a Letter of Credit if you don’t receive a cable of the readiness of the goods for shipment? 3. Will you give the Buyers a discount off the price if they increase their order? 4. What discount off the price will you give the Buyers if they increase their order? 5. What will you do before you place an order with a foreign firm? 6. What will you do after you receive the cable from the Sellers that goods are ready for shipment? 7. What will you do when you return from the office?
V. Раскройте скобки, употребляя нужное по смыслу время.
An American farmer wanted to make an air trip. He never (to have) an opportunity to fly before. There was an airport some miles off his farm. So one morning he came there and said to one of the flyers: “I never (to make) an air trip and if you (to let) me fly, I (to pay) for it. “The flyer told him that the pay was 10 dollars for a ten-minute trip. “Can’t you reduce the price? It’s somewhat high”, the farmer said.
The flyer answered: “I not (to take) any money, if you not (to say) a word during the whole trip. But if you (to begin) speaking, the price (to increase).
The farmer thought it was a very good condition. The flyer added: “You may take your wife if she (to. want) to join you” The farmer was happy.
When he came home his wife (to cook) dinner. He told her about the air trip. “I (to settle) it with one of the flyers. We will go tomorrow. By 3 o’clock the next day they were up in the air. While the plane (to go) up and down at a high speed the passengers didn’t say a word. “You are brave people”, the flyer said to the farmer after they (to land). “I thought you were afraid to fly”. I am glad I won’t pay for the trip, answered the farmer. “But I was about to speak to you when my wife fell out of the plane.
VI. Переведите предложения задания V, в которых вы должны были поставить нужное по смыслу время.
VII. Переведите следующий диалог.
Well, Mr. Camp, yesterday we discussed the price of our turbines and the volume of your order. What’s your final answer?
I’ve contacted my people, and we decided to increase the order to 25 turbines.
In this case we can give you a 5 % discount off the price.
Fine. So we’ve settled the price problem. And what are your terms of payment?
Our buyers usually make payments against shipping documents by a Letter of Credit.