задания по грамматике

• Comment and translate into Russian (to be + infinitive).
    1. The typewriter people were again clamoring for money, insistently pointing out that according to the agreement rent was to be paid strictly in advance. (London)
    2. By that time of evening only a few persons were to be seen on the wet streets and most of the shops and stores were dark and closed for the night. (Caldwell)
    3. "You're to go now, Blick!" said Hunter, getting up. (Murdoch)
    4. I distinctly told you to stay with her every minute I was away. You are not to be trusted. (Fischer)
    5. It was after breakfast, and we had been summoned in from the playground, when Mr. Sharp entered and said: "David Copperfield is to go into the parlour." (Dickens)
    6. Demetrius was nowhere to be found. (Douglas)
    7. When my wife and I settle down at Willowmere it's possible that we shall all come together. But if this isn't to be, for Heaven's sake, let us recognise that it is simply because it can't be, and not wear hypocritical faces and suffer and be wretched. (Pinero)
    8. The snow which had lain so thick and beautiful when I left the country was scarcely to be seen in the city... (Murdoch)
    9. Your mother arranged that she was to come down from London and that I was to come over from Dover to be introduced to you. (Shaw)
    10. Mrs. Moore, your delightful doctor has decided on a picnic, instead of a party in his house; we are to meet him out there... (Forster)
    11. For June this evening, that was to have been "her treat", was the most miserable she had ever spent. (Galsworthy)
    12. Eliza, you are to live here for the next six months, learning, how to speak beautifully, like a lady in a florist's shop. (Shaw)

• Где-то этот глагол с инфинитивом имеет значение ДОЛЖЕН, а где-то---МОЖЕТ.