Грамотные ли предложения?

• My boyfriend called on me yesterday, and we went to a fancy restaurant.
    A big war was in the wind at that time.
    I really enjoy warm days of the early autumn which is called "an indian summer".
    I'll stay with you, rain or shine.
    You are always having your head in the clouds!
    The wind was fierce and the boat with frightened people was being tossed by the waves until it was washed ashore.
    The wind fell away and the people could leave their shelters.
    What a sweltering day! I long to jump in a cool sea!
    Why when you visit someone at the table you are always given a scalding tea you just can't drink?
    My father adores fiery sauces! How on earth can he tolerate them?
    She was exhausted of working in the scorching heat!
    Ann asked a stewardess to give her some heated water to make a tea. Bringing it to her state room, Ann was so clumsy she spilt the liquid on the trousers!
    Covid 19 is a red-hot issue nowadays.
    He took part in a ferocious street battle between the eco activists and the police.
    After the animated discussion on where to go on holiday the family decided to visit Crimea.
    You look gorgeous! This dress looks incredibly hip!
    She has been standing for 2 hours in the freezing wind and now her feet are frozen stiff.
    She saw a snake and stood frozen with shock.

• I really enjoy warm days of the early autumn which is called "an indian summer".---indian summer можно без артикля. which is тоже необязательно.

Why when you visit someone at the table you are always given a scalding tea you just can't drink?---
    scalding tea употребляем без артикля. Why when you visit someone at the table---Что это такое?

Ann asked a stewardess to give her some heated water to make a tea---To make tea. Some boiled water to make tea.

She has been standing for 2 hours in the freezing wind and now her feet are frozen stiff.---in the freezing wind for two hours.

Скрыть комментарии
  • Я хотела сказать: "когда ты ходишь к кому-то в гости, то за столом подают горячий чай"

• Why when you visit someone at the table you are always given a scalding tea you just can't drink?
    Я хотела сказать: "когда ты ходишь к кому-то в гости, то за столом подают горячий чай"
    как это правильно по-английски?

• Сложные у вас задачки на самом деле. Я попробую.

> What a sweltering day! I long to jump in a cool sea!

I'm longing to dive in the cool sea!

По поводу to long - это же не его обычное состояние, а он вот в конкретный период хочет купаться. I Countinuous тут возможен, я проверил:

https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/long_3

Дальше: jump - это прыгать, перепрыгивать. Но тут я боюсь ошибиться. Потому что монолингвальные словари говорят, что dive - это рыбкой. А может быть, он солдатиком прыгнул.

По поводу артикля - тут все же море одно. Хотя, если он в Москве, допустим, изнывает от жары, может быть, он бы и мог сказать с неопределенным артиклем про море: "Эх, в море бы сейчас прыгнуть". И какое именно море - бог его знает. Может, Средиземное. А может, Черное.

• Спасибо большое!!

• Можете пожалуйста еще вот это глянуть..?

My boyfriend called on me yesterday (visited me unexpectedly), and we went to a fancy restaurant.
    Do you want to visit us? I am not in the right mood. Let's take a rain check.
    Mary invented a new advertisement of the parfum, but her colleague has stolen her thunder.

• It was so blowy a day that you had to grab onto something to not fall!
    можно здесь grasp at something?

• Пожалуй, Nonverbis прав.
    Если бы было I long to jump in a cool sea on a sweltering day, тогда другое дело.
    Рыбкой или солдатиком прыгнул---не суть важно. На мой взгляд сказать так можно.

It was so blowy a day that you had to grab onto something to not fall!
    можно здесь grasp at something?---Как мы уже говорили. сказать можно как угодно. Вопрос в другом: Как будет правильнее?
    Во-первых, почему a blowy day? Почему не простое a windy day?
    Во-вторых, почему It was so blowy a day? Почему не простое It was such a windy day or The day was so windy that...?
    В-третьих, не to not fall, а not to fall.
    Держаться за что-либо Hang on to smth/.hold on to smth.
    Поэтому говорим просто и понятно для других It was such a windy day/The day was so windy that one had to hold on to something/hang on to something not to fall.

• Рита, хорошие идиомы, и уровень тоже. Что изучаете, какие -нибудь idioms in use? Проблема исключительно в грамматике.

Скрыть комментарии
  • нет, просто интересные выражения ищу в окфорд словаре онлайн..
    есть над чем работать!)

• To not fall - мне так носитель исправил)

• не знаю как вот это предложение грамотно составить.
    - You can't learn five languages, how to play the giutar, sing, while studying medicine at the same time! Stop chasing the rainbows!
    смысл в том, что "ты не можешь одновременно учить пять языков, учиться играть на гитаре, учиться петь и изучать медицину"