Инфинитив

• 1. Put “to” before the infinitive where it is necessary.
    1 . My son asked me … let him … go to the club. 2 . You must make him … practice an hour a day. 3 . She was made … repeat the song. 4 . He is not sure that it can … be done, but he is willing … try. 5 . Let me … help you with your work. 6 . She asked me … read the letter carefully and … write an answer.7 . You ought … take care of your health. 8 . I looked for the book everywhere but could not … find it. 9 . He was seen … leave the house. 10 . We had … put on our overcoats because it was cold. 11 . The man told me not … walk on the grass.
    12 . Have you heard him … play the piano? 13 . You had better … go there at once. 14 . I would rather not … tell them about it. 15 . We shall take a taxi so as not … miss the train.

• Помогите разобоаться с темой

• Итак, мы используем «голый» инфинитив после:

Модальных глаголов (may, can, should, must, etc). Исключением являются модальные глаголы dare / ought / have / be, которые используются с инфинитивом с to.
    We should tell our parents about the party. – Нам следует рассказать родителям о вечеринке.

He must apologize for his words. – Он должен извиниться за свои слова.

She ought to be more polite to other people. – Ей следует быть более вежливой с людьми.

После глаголов let, make, see, hear, feel.
    We saw them kiss. – Мы видели, как они целовались.

I won’t let her marry without my blessing. – Я не позволю ей выйти замуж без моего благословения.

Но, если эти глаголы употребляются в пассивном залоге, их сопровождает инфинитив с частицей to.

He was heard to say either he was trying to kill someone or someone was trying to kill him. – Слышали, как он говорил, что либо он пытался кого-то убить, либо кто-то пытался его убить.

После выражений had better / would rather.
    You’d better sit down. – Ты бы лучше сел.

I’d rather go to jail than serve in the military. – Я бы лучше отправился в тюрьму, чем служил в вооруженных силах.

В вопросительных предложениях, которые начинаются со слов Why not? (почему бы не).
    Why not go to the cinema? – Почему бы не сходить в кино?