Упражнение на conditionals

• Всем доброго времени суток. Мой друг попросил помочь с заданием в вузе, которое ему дали (он 1 курс программист, я 1 курс лингвист), но я не особо понимаю смысл задания. Как я поняла, необходимо преобразовать данные предложения в условные, и время, использованное в изначальном предложении, должно указывать на то, какой тип условного предложения использовать. Но, если честно, для меня это не особо понятно, ведь, по сути, я могу использовать почти любой тип в каждом предложении, у меня проблема именно с выбором типа. Буду рада, если кто-то сможет помочь)

Упражнение:
    1. He is busy and does not come to see us. If ...
    2. The girl did not study well last year and received bad marks. If …
    3. He broke his bicycle and so he did not go to the country. If …
    4. He speaks English badly: he has no practice. If …
    5. I had a bad headache yesterday, that's why I did not come to see you. If …
    6. The ship was sailing near the coast, that's why it struck a rock. If ...
    7. He was not in town, therefore he was not present at our meeting. If …
    8. The pavement was so slippery that I fell and hurt my leg. If ...
    9. The sea is rough, and we cannot sail to the island. If ...
    10. They made a fire, and the frightened wolves ran away. If …
    11. It is late, and I have to go home. If …
    12. I was expecting my friend to come, that's why I could not go to the cinema with you. If ...
    13. He always gets top marks in mathematics because it is his favourite subject and he works a lot at it. If ...
    14. I did not translate the article yesterday because I had no dictionary. If ...
    15. We lost our way because the night was pitch-dark. If …
    16. The box was so heavy that I could not carry it. That's why I took a taxi. If …

• Там, где в исходном предложении употребляется настоящее время, будет conditional II.
    там, где в исходном предложении употреюляется прошедшее время, будет conditional III.
    Примеры.
    1. If he were not busy, he would come to see us ( sentence 1)---conditional II
    2. If he had noy broken his bicycle, he would have gone to the country (sentence 3).---conditional III

Надеюсь, теперь вам ясно, как надо делать это упражнение.

• Предложение 1 можно переделать еще и так: If he is busy, he does not come to see us.
    If he is busy, he will not come to see us.

То же самое относится к предложению 9: If the sea is rough, we cannot sail to the island. If the sea is rough< we will not be able to sail to the island.

Все зависит от того, какой кондишнл вам нужно образовать.