Посмотрите мою открытку, я думаю, что я прыгаю по временным формам.Проверьте ;)

• You are on a city break with your parents. Write a postcard to an English-speaking friend.
    • Say where you are.
    • Say whether you are having a good time and why.
    • Say what you did yesterday.
    • Say when you are coming home.

Вот моя открытка

Dear Patricia,
    How are you? I am in the capital of Italy- in Rome. My parents and I stayed here for a few days. Now it is the end of May and I can’t believe that I am here. I didn’t plan this trip . It happened suddenly, even for me. But I am glad. When we arrived the weather was sunny. Then it changed and the weather was cold and windy. I’m staying at a hotel. It is on the outskirts of town, not in the centre how as expected. Yesterday we visited the Vatican and were impressed by the famous St. Peter’s Cathedral. I also enjoyed the Colosseum and other sights of Rome. All in all, we enjoyed our city break.
    I took much photos. Next week we will be at home and I’ll show you them.
    Hope to hear from you soon.
    Helen

Буду рада критике

• My parents and I have been staying here for a few days.Рим, я думаю, не town. how it was expected. Кого кому покажут тоже не совсем понятно.

• A lot of photos

• I am in the capital of Italy- in Rome.---Лучше: I am in Rome, the capital of Italy.

It happened suddenly, even for me.---Вроде нормально, но я бы лично написал так: It came as a surprise to me.

When we arrived, the weather was sunny.---Здесь первая часть предложения отделяется от второй ЗАПЯТОЙ,

Then it changed and the weather was cold and windy. ---Отделяем первое предложение от второго запятой (разные идеи ), заменяем WAS во втором на BECAME. Почему? В первой части глагол действия, делаем то же самое и со второй частью.

It is on the outskirts of town, not in the centre how as expected.---Вера про TOWN уже написала, а вот что такое HOW AS EXPECTED? Абракадабра. Меняем на: It is on the ourskirts of the city, not in the center AS I Had Expected It To Be (Or IT WOULD BE).

I also enjoyed the Colosseum and other sights of Rome.---...and the other sights of Rome.

All in all, we enjoyed our city break. ---Что вы хотели сказать?

I took much photos.---MANY photoes

Next week we will be at home and I’ll show you them.---..;., and I will email them to you.

Скрыть комментарии
  • Я хотела сказать, что мы все довольны, проведёнными днями в этом городе... City break, что-то типа "коротких каникул", но наверное стоило написать "holiday".
    В любом случае, я очень благодарна за вашу помощь !

• Благодарю Vitaly и Vera, что уделяете внимание моим "идеальным" сочинениям

• City break, что-то типа "коротких каникул", но наверное стоило написать "holiday".---Конечно. Ведь гораздо проще и понятнее было бы написать "To cap it all, we enjoyed our short Italian holiday". И все, вопросов больше нет.