Пожалуйста,проверьте перевод

• Да, конечно – Yes, of course.
    В котором часу? – At what time?
    Я приду в 11 часов утра – I’ll come at 11 a.m. in the morning.
    Постараюсь не опоздать – I'll try not to be late.
    Я знаю, что ты побывал во многих городах США – I know you have been to many US cities.
    Какой город произвёл на тебя самое большое впечатление? – What did the city make the best impression on you?
    Сколько городов ты посмотрел? – How many cities have you seen?
    Let me see… Yes, six cities.
    Это уж чересчур! – Too much of a good thing!
    Ты пробыл там 7 дней – You stayed / remained there seven days.
    Как тебе удалось побывать в шести городах? – How did you manage to visit six cities?
    Ясно – It’s clear.
    Хочешь коктейль? – Would you like a cocktail?
    В следующем месяце я поеду туда – I'm going there next month. I'm planning to go there next month. I’ll go there next month.
    Я всегда мечтал иметь путеводитель по Нью-Йорку – I've always been dreaming to have a guide to New York.
    Каковы преимущества того, что ты живёшь в большом городе – What are the advantages of living in a big city?
    Большое удовольствие пойти в хороший театр, верно? – It's a treat to go to good theater, isn’t it?
    Я тоже люблю ходить в театр – I like to go to the theater too.
    Мы с женой любим музыку и ходим в оперу каждый месяц – My wife and I are fond of music and go to the opera every month.
    Какое впечатление? – What is your impression?
    Он относится ко мне, как будто я ребёнок – He treats me like I’m some kid.
    Я младше его на пять лет – I’am his junior by five years.
    Я очень хорошо к нему отношусь – I treat him very well.
    Мы часто играем в теннис – We often play tennis.
    Я увлекаюсь теннисом с детства – I’m fond of tennis since childhood.
    Результаты удовлетворительные – The result of the experiment was satisfactory.
    Почему ты был так уверен? – Why were you so sure?
    Но ты тоже юрист – But you're a lawyer too.
    Сколько ей лет? – How old is she?
    Она хочет стать юристом? –Does she want to be a lawyer? Does she want to become a lawyer?
    Не хочешь, чтобы она стала биологом? – Do you want her to be a biologist? Do you want her to become a biologist?
    Я всегда подымаюсь рано и люблю работать утром – I always get up early and I like to work in the morning.
    Трудно сказать – It’s hard to say.
    Вчера я работал до двух часов дня, а сегодня я уже закончил работу – Yesterday I worked until two o'clock in the afternoon, and today I've already finished the job.
    Я полностью удовлетворён своей работой – I’m fully satisfied with my job.
    Хорошая новость – That's a good news.

Fill in with prepositions and adverbs:
    Nick's brother has always been good at making coffee.
    Alice was at home when Steve called her something .
    I shall stay in Philadelphia for three days.
    When did Miss Slight leave for Baltimore?
    Do sit down in that armchair at the window.
    Are you fond of painting?
    Has your sister ever been to Bonn?
    What is Neil looking for?
    May I look up this word in the dictionary?
    Jane’s husband returned from a business trip on the 8th of March.
    Her mother in law looks after our kids when I am out.
    Whom are you looking for?
    They haven’t yet arrived to Washington.
    I am thinking about Bob and his sister.
    Jane has just gone to Berlin.
    David is keen on literature.

• Her mother in law looks after our kids when I am out.Странное предложение.
    They haven’t yet arrived to Washington.arrived in.

• В котором часу? – At what time?--what time
    Я приду в 11 часов утра – I’ll come at 11 a.m. in the morning.--что‐нибудь одно,либо a.m.,либо morning
    Какой город произвёл на тебя самое большое впечатление? – What did the city make the best impression on you?--what city impressed you most?
    Сколько городов ты посмотрел? – How many cities have you seen?--лучше visited

Большое удовольствие пойти в хороший театр, верно? – It's a treat to go to good theater, isn’t it? A good theatre.

Мы с женой любим музыку и ходим в оперу каждый месяц – My wife and I are fond of music and go to the opera every month. --listen to an opera

• Он относится ко мне, как будто я ребёнок – He treats me like I’m some kid.--like a kid, as if I am a kid.
    Я младше его на пять лет – I’am his junior by five years. --five years his junior.
    Я очень хорошо к нему отношусь – I treat him very well.--I am fond of him.I like him.
    Хорошая новость – That's a good news.--без артикля.uncountable

Скрыть комментарии
  • Спасибо большое Vera.

• Alice was at home when Steve called her something .---А что имеется в виду во второй части предложения?

mother- in- law

They haven’t yet arrived to Washington.---...in Washington. Обычно мы говорим to arrive in в отношении прибытия в страну или большой город и to arrive at в отношении прибытия в маленький город, поселок, деревню.

Не хочешь, чтобы она стала биологом? – Do you want her to be a biologist? Do you want her to become a biologist?---Наряду с указанными глаголами употребляетcя и глагол to make (to make a biologist)

Я увлекаюсь теннисом с детства – I’m fond of tennis since childhood.---Не пойдет, не то время. Сказать можно по-разному. Варианты: I have enjoyed tennis since childhood. I have been keen on tennis since childhood. I have been playing tennis since childhood. I have been devoted to tennis since childhood. I have been going in for tennis since childhood.

Сколько городов ты посмотрел? – How many cities have you seen?---Наглядный пример того, как мы пишем одно, а имеем виду совсем другое. Вера совершенно правильно вас исправила. Возьмите за правило: всегда говорить по-русски то слово, которое должно звучать по-английски.

В следующем месяце я поеду туда – I'm going there next month. I'm planning to go there next month. I’ll go there next month.---В последнем предложении предполагается и желание со стороны говорящего. А это уже модальность. Если же дать просто будущее время, то лучше сказать: I shall be going there next month.

Я всегда мечтал иметь путеводитель по Нью-Йорку – I've always been dreaming to have a guide to New York.---I have always dreamt of having a New York guidebook.

Мы с женой любим музыку и ходим в оперу каждый месяц – My wife and I are fond of music and go to the opera every month. ---Еще один пример: пишем одно, подразумеваем другое. О, великий и могучий русский язык! Зачем ты так путаешь людей?

Он относится ко мне, как будто я ребёнок – He treats me like I’m some kid.---Дремучий американизм. Проще будет так: He treats me as if I were a child.

• Спасибо большое Vitaly.
    Fill in with prepositions and adverbs:
    Nick's brother has always been good ...(at) making coffee.
    Alice was ...(at) home when Steve called her ...(something) .
    I shall stay ...(in) Philadelphia ...(for) three days.
    When did Miss Slight leave ...(for) Baltimore?
    Do sit down ...(in) that armchair ...(at) the window.
    Are you fond ...(of) painting?
    Has your sister ever been ...(to) Bonn?
    What is Neil looking ...(for)?
    May I look ...(up) this word ...(in) the dictionary?
    Jane’s husband returned ...(from) a business trip ...(on) the 8th of March.
    Her mother in law looks ...(after) our kids when I am out.
    Whom are you looking ...(for)?
    They haven’t yet arrived ...(to) Washington.
    I am thinking ...(about) Bob and his sister.
    Jane has just gone ...(to) Berlin.
    David is keen ...(on) literature.
    Правильно я заполнил пробелы?
    Мы с женой любим музыку и ходим в оперу каждый месяц – My wife and I are fond of music and go to the opera every month. ---Еще один пример: пишем одно, подразумеваем другое. О, великий и могучий русский язык! Зачем ты так путаешь людей?
    My wife and I love music and go to the opera every month. Так правильно?

• Alice was ...(at) home when Steve called her ...(something) .---...called her up-то есть "позвонил по телефону".

My wife and I love music and go to the opera every month. Так правильно?---Тогда "go to the opera house every month".

Скрыть комментарии
  • Спасибо большое Vitaly.