Переведите, пожалуйста словарь

• VOCABULARY NOTES
    1. historic adj исторический (имеющий историческое значение, вошедший в историю), е.g. historic place, date, speech, event, battle, etc. 1812 was a historic year for Russian people.
    historical adj исторический (связанный с историей, имеющий отношение к истории), е.g. historical materialism, science, principles, method, approach (to); historical novel, picture, play, film; historical department, museum, etc.
    history n история, е.g. the history of our country, the history of the language; a history lesson; the History Museum.
    Note 1: In names of academic subjects no article is used, е.g. History of the English language is a difficult subject
    Note 2: The Russian word история has several English equivalents: а) история (ход развития чего-л.) — history, е.g. This town has an interesting history.; b) рассказ, повествование — story, е.g. I don't like stories of such kind. He told us the story of his whole life.; с) происшествие — event, е.g. Tell us something about this strange event. But: A funny thing happened to him. (С ним произошла забавная история.) There's a pretty kettle of fish! (Вот так история!)
    2. worth n ценность, е.g. It's a discovery of great worth. This information is of no worth.
    worth adj predic стоящий; worth smth., е.g. This picture is not worth the money you've paid for it. This problem is not worth our attention. This job is not worth the time we've spent on it.; worth doing smth., е.g. This film is worth seeing. Books of that kind are not worth reading. This problem isn't worth discussing. His illness is hardly worth troubling about.; worth while, е.g. It isn't worth while seeing the film. It isn't worth while sitting here till 5 o'clock. It is worth while trying to catch the train, I think it's worth while speaking to him about it. Cf.: This book is worth reading. — It is worth while reading this book.
    worthy adj достойный, е.g. She is a very worthy woman.; to be worthy of smth., smb., е.g. His behaviour is worthy of great praise.
    unworthy adj недостойный
    3. masterpiece n шедевр
    piece n 1. кусок, ps a piece of chalk (wood, paper, etc.)
    Syn. lump, slice. A slice is a thin, flat piece cut off from anything, as a slice of bread (cheese, lemon, ham, etc.). A lump is a small specially shaped or shapeless piece, as a lump of sugar (butter, etc.).
    to pieces на куски, е.g. The cup fell and was broken to pieces.
    2. отдельный предмет, часть, е.g. a piece of furniture; a, piece of poetry (стихотворение); a piece of painting (картина); a piece of advice (совет); apiece of news (новость);
    3. монета, е.g. a two-shilling piece, a gold (silver) piece
    Syn. coin (used more often than piece)
    4. human adj человеческий, свойственный человеку, е.g. a human nature, the human body, human affairs, a human being (человек); hu'mane adj гуманный, человечный
    Ant. cruel
    inhuman adj бесчеловечный, as inhuman treatment
    humanity n (uncountable) 1. человечество, as a crime against humanity
    Syn. man'kind n (uncounfable). But 'mankind мужчины, мужской пол
    2. гуманность, человечность, as to treat people with humanity
    the Humanities гуманитарные науки; syn. the Arts, е.g. Are you interested in the Humanities (the Arts) or in the Exact Sciences (естественные науки) ?
    5. to strike (struck, struck) υt 1. ударяться, бить; to strike smb., to strike smb. (smth.) on smth. е.g. He struck the boy a violent blow. The man struck Lanny on the face. He struck his fist on the table.
    Syn. to hit (hit, hit), е.g. Why did he hit the boy?; to hit one's hand (foot, head, etc.) on smth., е.g. I hit my head on the low shelf.
    Note: strike and hit may be used in the same sense — to strike or to hit smb. — but care should be taken to use the proper verb m traditional word combinations such as to strike a match чиркнуть спичкой, e, д. Somebody struck a match so that we couid see each other.
    2. бить (о часах), е.g. It has just struck half past four. This tower clock strikes the hours.
    3. поражать, удивлять, а д. We were struck by bis strange behaviour. It struck me that he had grown so old. Many things might strike us as unusual in a foreign country.
    Syn. to surprise, to astonish, to puzzle
    Nоte: to be struck means "to be filled suddenly with a strong feeling of surprise". That distinguishes the verb to strike from its synonyms to astonish and to surprise; to astonish is stronger in meaning than to surprise, е.g. I shouldn't be surprised if it rained. I'm not surprised at seeing you here, I've been told about your arrival. I was astonished at seeing him so changed. I was struck by his sudden death.; to puzzle means "to make a person think hard before finding an answer", e.g. His letter puzzled me. (= I didn't know why he had written it)
    striking adj, as striking likeness (news, contrast) stricken pp. terror-stricken; horror-stricken; panic-stricken
    Note: the verb to strike has homonyms: a) strike υi бастовать, b) strike n забастовка, е.g. All the railway workers joined the strike.; to go on strike объявлять забастовку
    6. circular adj круглый, круговой, е.g. There is a circular railway running round Moscow. A circular staircase led to the top of the tower.
    circulate υ 1. циркулировать, е.g. Blood circulates in the body.; 2. передаваться, распространяться, е.g. Bad news circulates quickly.
    circulation n 1. циркуляция, е.g. The circulation of air is rather bad here, that's why it is stuffy.; 2. распространение, обращение (денежное), е.g. Only silver and copper coins are in circulation now.
    blood-circulation n кровообращение
    circle n 1. круг, окружность, е.g. It's almost impossible to draw a circle without a pair of compasses (без циркуля).; 2. группа, круг людей, е.g. Не belonged to the business circle of the town.
    NOTES ON HOMONYMS
    Homonyms are words that coincide in form, but have different meanings and. may (or may not) belong to different categories or parts of speech. Homonyms may coincide both in phonetic and in graphic form, as ball, n (мяч) and ball, n (бал) or fair, adj (светлый, справедливый и др. знач.) and fair, n (ярмарка). They may coincide only in pronunciation, but have different graphic forms, as sea, n and to see, v. They may coincide in spelling, but be differently pronounced, as lead [led] n (свинец) and to lead [li:d] υ (вести).

• 1. historic adj исторический (имеющий историческое значение, вошедший в историю), е.g. historic place, Местоdate, датаspeech, речь event,событие battle битва, etc. 1812 was a historic year for Russian people.был историческим годом для русских.
    historical adj исторический (связанный с историей, имеющий отношение к истории), е.g. historical materialism, материализм science наука, principles, принципы method, метод approach (to); одход к historical novel, pоман icture, play,пьеса film; historical department, отдел museumмузей , etc.
    history n история, е.g. the history of our country, история нашей страны the history of the languageязыка ; a history lessonурок истории ; the History Museum.исторический музей.
    Note 1: In names of academic subjects no article is used, е.g. History of the English language is a difficult subjectв названиях уч.предметов артикль не употребляется, история англ языка--трудный предмет.
    Note 2: The Russian word история has several несколько англ эквивалентов English equivalents: а) история (ход развития чего-л.) — history, е.g. This town has an interesting historyгород имеет интересную историю .; b) рассказ, повествование — story, е.g. I don't like stories of such kind.не люблю такие рассказы He told us the story of his whole life.;он расссказал мне историю всей жизни. с) происшествие — event, е.g. Tell us something about this strange eventрасскажите про странное происшествие . But: A funny thing happened to him. (С ним произошла забавная история.) There's a pretty kettle of fish! (Вот так история!)

• 2. worth n ценность, е.g. It's a discovery of great worth. Это открытие большой ценностиThis information is of no worth.информация ничего не стоит.
    worth adj predic стоящий; worth smth., е.g. This picture is not worth the money you've paid for it. Эта картина не стоит тех денег которые ты заплатил.,This problem is not worth our attention. Tта проблема не стоит нашего внимания.his job is not worth the time we've spent on it.;эта работа не стоит того времени,которое мы тратим на нее. worth doing smth., е.g. This film is worth seeing. Фильм стоит посмотреть Books of that kind are not worth reading.книги такого сорта не стоит читать. This problem isn't worth discussing.эту проблему не стоит обсуждать His illness is hardly worth troubling aboutо его болезни не стоит беспокоиться.; worth while, е.g. It isn't worth while seeing the film.не стоит смотреть фильм It isn't worth while sitting here till 5 o'clock.не стоит сидеть здесь до 5 часов It is worth while trying to catch the train, стоит постараться успеть на поезд I think it's worth while speaking to him about it. Стоит сказать ему об этомCf.: This book is worth reading.книгу стоит прочитать — It is worth while reading this book.стоит прочитать эту книгу.
    worthy adj достойный, е.g. She is a very worthy womanона очень достойная женщина .; to be worthy of smth., smb., е.g. His behaviour is worthy of great praise.его поведение достойно похвалы.
    unworthy adj недостойный

• 3. masterpiece n шедевр
    piece n 1. кусок, ps a piece of chalk (wood, paper, etc.)Мела,дерева,бумаги.
    Syn. lump, slice. A slice is a thin, flat piece cut off from anything, as a slice of bread тонкий плоский кусочек-ломтик сыра лимона ветчины (cheese, lemon, ham, etc.). A lump is a small specially shaped or shapeless piece, as a lump of sugar (butter, etc.).кусочек в форме чего-то как сахара,масла
    to pieces на куски, е.g. The cup fell and was broken to pieces.сыр упал и разлетелся на кусочки.
    2. отдельный предмет, часть, е.g. a piece of furniture; предмет мебели a, piece of poetry (стихотворение); a piece of painting (картина); a piece of advice (совет); apiece of news (новость);
    3. монета, е.g. a two-shilling piece, a gold (silver) piece золотая,серебряная
    Syn. coin (used more often than piece)более часто употребляемый синоним.

• 4. human adj человеческий, свойственный человеку, е.g. a human nature,человеческая натура the human body, телоhuman affairsдела, a human being (человек); hu'mane adj гуманный, человечный
    Ant. cruel
    inhuman adj бесчеловечный, as inhuman treatment отношение
    humanity n (uncountable) 1. человечество, as a crime against humanityпреступление против человечества.
    Syn. man'kind n (uncounfable). But 'mankind мужчины, мужской пол
    2. гуманность, человечность, as to treat people with humanityгуманное отношение
    the Humanities гуманитарные науки; syn. the Arts, е.g. Are you interested in the Humanities (the Arts) or in the Exact Sciences (естественные науки) ?вы интересуетесь гуманит.науками...

• 5. to strike (struck, struck) υt 1. ударяться, бить; to strike smb., to strike smb. (smth.) on smth. е.g. He struck the boy a violent blow. The man struck Lanny on the face. He struck his fist on the table.Он нанес мальчику сильный удар. Мужчина ударил Лэнни пл лицу. Он ударил кулаком по столу.
    Syn. to hit (hit, hit), е.g. Why did he hit the boy?; to hit one's hand (foot, head, etc.) on smth., е.g. I hit my head on the low shelf.почему он ударил мальчика?удариться рукой,головой,ногой обо что‐то
    Note: strike and hit may be used in the same sense оба глагола используют в одинаковом смысле — to strike or to hit smb. — but care should be taken to use the proper verb m traditional word combinations such as to strike a match но используйте нужное слово в идиомах чиркнуть спичкой, e, д. Somebody struck a match so that we couid see each other.кто‐то чиркнул спичкой, чтобы мы могли видеть друг друга.
    2. бить (о часах), е.g. It has just struck half past four. This tower clock strikes the hours. Пробило половину пятого. Башенные часы отбивают часы./время.
    3. поражать, удивлять, а д. We were struck by bis strange behaviour. It struck me that he had grown so old. Many things might strike us as unusual in a foreign country.нас поразило его странное поведение. Меня поразило, насколько он вырос.многое поражает нас необычностью в чужой стране.
    Syn. to surprise, to astonish, to puzzleсинонимы удивить,озадачить.
    Nоte: to be struck means "to be filled suddenly with a strong feeling of surprise". быть объятым чувством внезапного удивления.That distinguishes the verb to strike from its synonyms to astonish and to surprise; это отличает глагол от синонимовto astonish is stronger in meaning than to surprise,сильнее по значению е.g. I shouldn't be surprised if it rained. не стоит удивляться,если пойдет дождь.I'm not surprised at seeing you here, не удивляюсь,что вижу тебя здесь.I've been told about your arrival. мне рассказали о твоем приезде.I was astonished at seeing him so changed. Я сильно удивился,что он настолько изменился. I was struck by his sudden death. Я был поражен его внезапной смертью.; to puzzle means "to make a person think hard before finding an answer", заставить человека задуматься прежде чем найти ответ e.g. His letter puzzled me. (= I didn't know why he had written it)его письмо озадачило меня--не знаю,почему он написал его.
    striking adj, as striking likeness (news, contrast)поразительное сходство stricken pp. terror-stricken; horror-stricken; panic-strickenнапуган до ужаса
    Note: the verb to strike has homonyms: омоним a) strike υi бастовать, b) strike n забастовка, е.g. All the railway workers joined the strike.; to go on strike объявлять забастовкувсе железнодорожники объявили забастовку.

• 6. circular adj круглый, круговой, е.g. There is a circular railway running round Moscow. A circular staircase led to the top of the tower.Вокруг Москвы бежит окружная железная дорога.Винтовая лестница вела на верх башни.
    circulate υ 1. циркулировать, е.g. Blood circulates in the body.;кровь циркулирует по телу. 2. передаваться, распространяться, е.g. Bad news circulates quickly.плохая новость распространяется быстро.
    circulation n 1. циркуляция, е.g. The circulation of air is rather bad here, that's why it is stuffy.; циркуляция воздуха плохая, поэтому душно.2. распространение, обращение (денежное), е.g. Only silver and copper coins are in circulation now.в обращении сейчас только медные и серебряные монеты.
    blood-circulation n кровообращение
    circle n 1. круг, окружность, е.g. It's almost impossible to draw a circle without a pair of compasses (без циркуля).невозможно нарисовать круг без циркуля ; 2. группа, круг людей, е.g. Не belonged to the business circle of the town.он принадлежал к деловым кругам города.
    NOTES ON HOMONYMS
    Homonyms are words that coincide in form омонимы --слова, совпадающие по форме , but have different meanings and. may (or may not) но имеющие разное значение или нет, belong to different categories or parts of speech. Принадлежат к разным частям речи.omonyms may coincide both in phonetic and in graphic form, могут совпадать фонетически и графически as ball, n (мяч) and ball, n (бал) or fair, adj (светлый, справедливый и др. знач.) and fair, n (ярмарка). They may coincide only in pronunciationмогут совпадать только в произношении, but have different graphic formsно иметь разные графические формы , as sea, n and to see, v. They may coincide in spelling, but be differently pronounced, as lead [led] n (свинец) and to lead [li:d] υ (вести).могут совпадать в написании,но по- разномупроизноситься.