вставить слова

• XII. Fill in the blanks with a suitable word in the correct form. Translate the sentences into Russian:
    Frequent v; accept (3); adore (2); agree (2); advice, advise; argue (2); legal; enter (2); promise v, n (3); regular adj, n; rule n, v (2); silence (3), silent; surround (2); wear
    A
    1. The bar was ______ by actors from the nearby theatre. 2. The blacks ______ him because he was Ozzie, one of their own. 3. The child was covered with wet towels and ______ by crying relations. 4. It was difficult to ______ Lucien's craziness. 5. That was one of the great qualities of Anna-Luise: she never went back to a quarrel or back on an ______ decision. 6. He made me ______ not to say a word till Tim's return. 7. Ordinarily, she was apt to fall into ______ but during this time she talked more than I had ever heard her talk before. 8. "Give it up", Anna-Luise ______ me. " You don't owe him anything. 9. I pulled up a chair and ______ fell. 10. Mr A. Jones has pleasure in ______ Dr. Fisher's kind invitation. 11. Their clients were insurance companies who generally preferred not to go to trial and would pay by the hour for ______ maneuvering designed to keep the cases away from the juries. 12. I've ______ with him till I was blue in the face. 13. He was a nice-looking boy, with his mother's ______ features and dark hair. 14. Cold porridge hadn’t ______ with him. 15. I added the ______ that two of us would soon be taking a snack there when lunchtime came.
    B
    1. Dr. Fisher ______ them all as a man might ______ a donkey with a whip in one hand and a carrot in the other. 2. "Another time", she said, and the words were like the ______ of meeting at least once again. 3. Perhaps it was to change the subject that she then referred directly to my plastic hand over which I always ______ a glove to hide the ugliness. 4. The cafe was instantly ______ as everyone looked at the lawyer. 5. Carl Lee stood at the foot of the bed, subdued, motionless, unable to do anything but stare blankly at the small figure ______ by machines, tubes, and nurses. 6. One of the men we had paid the day before got up from his chair as we ______. 7. I loved her so much. I was willing to bear anything. I ______ her. 8. “How absurd we are”, Anna-Luise _____, “what on earth can he do to us?” 9. Along with the preaching he also freely dispensed. _____ on Jane's cases. 10. He detected a certain coolness among some of the______. He ate quickly and left. 11. Without hesitation Looney ______ the apology. 12. She was leaving him by ______ a region into which he couldn’t follow her. 13. Within a minute or two to my wonder they were all eating in ______ and with a grim intensity. 14. But death, I was to argue later, annuls ______. 15. I’m not sure it’s quite in accordance with my ______ but I’ll let it pass.

• XII. Fill in the blanks with a suitable word in the correct form. Translate the sentences into Russian:
    Frequent v; accept (3); adore (2); agree (2); advice, advise; argue (2); legal; enter (2); promise v, n (3); regular adj, n; rule n, v (2); silence (3), silent; surround (2); wear
    A
    1. The bar was __frequented ____ by actors from the nearby theatre. 2. The blacks __adored____ him because he was Ozzie, one of their own. 3. The child was covered with wet towels and ___surrounded ___ by crying relations. 4. It was difficult to __agree ____ Lucien's craziness. 5. That was one of the great qualities of Anna-Luise: she never went back to a quarrel or back on an __illegal ____ decision. 6. He made me __promise ____ not to say a word till Tim's return. 7. Ordinarily, she was apt to fall into __silence ____ but during this time she talked more than I had ever heard her talk before. 8. "Give it up", Anna-Luise __advised ____ me. " You don't owe him anything. 9. I pulled up a chair and _regularly _____ fell. 10. Mr A. Jones has pleasure in __accepting ____ Dr. Fisher's kind invitation. 11. Their clients were insurance companies who generally preferred not to go to trial and would pay by the hour for __silent ____ maneuvering designed to keep the cases away from the juries. 12. I've _argued _____ with him till I was blue in the face. 13. He was a nice-looking boy, with his mother's __adorable ____ features and dark hair. 14. Cold porridge hadn’t _agree _____ with him. 15. I added the __advice____ that two of us would soon be taking a snack there when lunchtime came.

• 1. Dr. Fisher ___Silenced ___ them all as a man might ___silence ___ a donkey with a whip in one hand and a carrot in the other. 2. "Another time", she said, and the words were like the __promise ____ of meeting at least once again. 3. Perhaps it was to change the subject that she then referred directly to my plastic hand over which I always ____wore__ a glove to hide the ugliness. 4. The cafe was instantly _silent _____ as everyone looked at the lawyer. 5. Carl Lee stood at the foot of the bed, subdued, motionless, unable to do anything but stare blankly at the small figure ____surrounded __ by machines, tubes, and nurses. 6. One of the men we had paid the day before got up from his chair as we __entered ____. 7. I loved her so much. I was willing to bear anything. I ____adored__ her. 8. “How absurd we are”, Anna-Luise _argued ____, “what on earth can he do to us?” 9. Along with the preaching he also freely dispensed. _____ on Jane's cases. 10. He detected a certain coolness among some of the___regulars___. He ate quickly and left. 11. Without hesitation Looney __accepted ____ the apology. 12. She was leaving him by ______ a region into which he couldn’t follow her. 13. Within a minute or two to my wonder they were all eating in _silence _____ and with a grim intensity. 14. But death, I was to argue later, annuls _promises _____. 15. I’m not sure it’s quite in accordance with my ____rules__ but I’ll let it pass.

• Не полностью.