Помощь с тестами

• Помогите пожалуйста решить тесты
    Part One: Grammar and Vocabulary Use ONE word to fill each blank space. Write the answer on the answer sheet. e.g. “ I have _____ pen. ” “ I have a pen. ”
    A contraction (e.g. don’t, hasn’t, can’t, isn’t) is only one word. e.g. “ My father _____ a child. ” “ My father isn’t a child. ”
    1. A: “ _____ he a doctor ? ” B: “ Yes, he is. ”
    2. A: “ _____ time is it ? ” B: It’s nearly 4 o’clock.
    3. A: “ How _____ children do you have ? ” B: I have three — 2 sons and a daughter.
    4. A: “ _____ you live in a small town ? ” B: “ No, I live in a big city. ”
    5. A: “ _____ your friend speak Japanese ? ” B: “ No, she doesn’t. ”
    6. A: “ Is Steven _____ TV at the moment ? ” B: “ No, he’s doing his homework. ”
    7. A: “ _____ did you arrive in the UK ? ” B: “ About 2 months ago. ”
    8. A: “ _____ you seen the new Star Wars film ? ” B: “ Yes, but I didn’t really like it. ”
    9. A: “ How _____ have you been studying English ? ” B: “ Since 1995. ”
    10. A: “ When did Jane arrive ? ” B: “ She arrived while I _____ washing the car! ”
    11. A: “ _____ you like something to eat ? ” B: “ Yes, please. I’m really hungry. ”
    12. A: “ Are _____ any Hungarian students in that group ? ” B: “ Yes, two. ”
    13. A: “ Have you ever driven in Central London ? ” B: “ Yes, I _____ through the city last weekend. It was awful! ”
    Pre-Arrival Test 11/03/2009 3

14. A: “ Could you _____ me where the cinema is, please ? ” B: “ It’s on the corner, opposite the supermarket. ”
    15. A: “ How often do you go back home ? ” B: “ Not often. Only about 2 or 3 _____ a year. ”
    16. A: “ Can your brother play the guitar ? ” B: “ Yes, very well. He’s _____ playing since he was five. ”
    17. A: “ I really love pizza. ” B: “ So _____ I . ”
    18. A: “ Can you come to the cinema with us tonight ? ” B: “ Sorry, I’m afraid not. I have _____ finish my essay by tomorrow.”
    19. A: “ Can I help you with your luggage ? ” B: “ Oh, thank you. It’s much _____ heavy for me to carry. ”
    20. A: “ Is Luke still ill?. ” B: “ No, he isn’t. He’s feeling much _____. ”
    21. A: “ What does your sister look _____ ? ” B: “ She’s got long black hair and green eyes. ”
    22. A: “ In my opinion, the best pasta _____ made in Italy. ” B: “ Yes, I agree. ”
    23. A: “ Have you seen the magazine I was reading? ” B: “Yes, it’s either on the desk _____ in the magazine rack. ”
    24. A: “ I can’t understand this question. ” B: “ Try again. It’s not as difficult _____ you think. ”
    25. A: “ Are you worried about next week’s exam ? ” B: “ Well, I’m sure there _____ be some difficult questions in it.”
    26. A: “ Would you like a drink ? ” B: “ No, thanks. I gave _____ alcohol two months ago. ”
    27. A: “ What are you going to do this weekend ? ” B: “ If it _____ snow, we’ll probably go for a walk.”
    28. A: “ Who discovered Australia ? ” B: “ It _____ discovered by Captain Cook in the 18th Century. ”
    29. A: “ My cat, Cedric, is very fat. ” B: “ Yes. If he _____ less chocolate, he would soon lose weight.”
    Pre-Arrival Test 11/03/2009 4

30. A: “ Has the committee _____ a decision yet ? ” A: “ Yes, we’re going to build the new conference centre. ”
    31. A: “ Would you _____ if I asked you a question ? ” B: “ Not at all — go ahead. ”
    32. A: “ Is your brother home yet ? ” B: “ He _____ be! I heard him come in 20 minutes ago. ”
    33. A: “ Have you got any pets? ” B: “ Not now, but, as a child, I _____ to have a cat.”
    34. A: “ Did you have a good flight? ” B: “ Yes, it only _____ four hours to fly to Heathrow airport. ”
    35. A: “ What was wrong with Lucy yesterday ? ” B: “ Oh, she told me that she _____ had some bad news the previous day.”
    36. A: “ You didn’t buy any peas! Did you forget ? ” B: “ No, but there were _____ left in the supermarket. ”
    37. A: “ Why was the teacher so angry with your class ? ” B: “ It was because we _____ finished our project before the class.”
    38. A: “ We have run _____ of washing powder for the machine. ” B: “ Then we’d better get some more today. ”
    39. A: “ Has your sister recovered _____ her accident ? ” B: “ Yes, she’s feeling much better now, thank you. ”
    40. A: “ What do you think of this new computer ? ” B: “ Actually, this _____ the first time I’ve tried using it. ”
    41. A: “ Are you still having trouble with your television ? ” B: “ No, I _____ it repaired last week. ”
    42. A: “ Emma is _____ a good swimmer that she wins all her races. ” B: “ Really ? Is she going to the Olympic Games ? ”

43. A: “ I’m planning to drive to Sydney this weekend. ” B: “ Well, take a map in _____ you get lost. ”
    44. A: “ I wish I _____ speak perfect English ! ” B: “ Honestly, most English people can’t do that ! ”
    45. A: “ The accident wouldn’t have happened if I’d been more careful. ” B: “ You mustn’t blame _____ . It wasn’t your fault. ”
    Pre-Arrival Test 11/03/2009 5

46. A: “ _____ to some experts, pollution is constantly increasing. ” B: “ I don’t believe it. It certainly isn’t any more polluted here. ”
    47. A: “ I hope that this letter to Alisa arrives on time. ” B: “ You really _____ have posted it yesterday, as I told you. ”
    48. A: “ Do you enjoy working in the hotel reception? ” B: “ Not really. I hate _____ interrupted by phone calls all day. ”
    49. A: “ Did you start this job as soon as you graduated ? B: “ Yes. By December, I _____ have been working here for five years.”
    50. A: “ The boss is very angry about the number of errors we’ve been making ” B: “ Right, we’d _____ not make any more mistakes. ”
    51. A: “ Has your friend Sarah failed her driving test again ? ” B: “ Poor Sarah ! She can’t seem to pass, _____ hard she tries. ”
    52. A: “ Could I borrow your car, please ? ” B: “ All right, as _____ as you promise to drive carefully. ”
    53. A: “ Mr Brown, why has your company been so slow to act ? ” B: “ _____ we known of the problem earlier, we would have acted sooner.”
    54. A: “ Did you hear that ? ” B: “ No, I didn’t catch exactly _____ they said.”
    55. A: “ Do you think that I’ll be able to put the furniture together ? ” B: “ _____ that you follow the instructions, I’m sure you will. ”

• 1.” Is2.. What 3. many 4. . ” do5. does 6. watching 7. when 8. have 9. ” long10. was
    11. would 12. . ” there. 13. Drove 14. tell 15_ times 16. ” been 17. do 18..” to 19. too
    20. better 21. like 22. . ” is 23. or 24. as 25. will 26.doesn't 28. was 29. eats

• 29. ate

30. A: “ Has the committee __taken___ a decision yet ? ” A: “ Yes, we’re going to build the new conference centre. ”
    31. A: “ Would you __mind___ if I asked you a question ? ” B: “ Not at all — go ahead. ”
    32. A: “ Is your brother home yet ? ” B: “ He __must___ be! I heard him come in 20 minutes ago. ”
    33. A: “ Have you got any pets? ” B: “ Not now, but, as a child, I __used___ to have a cat.”
    34. A: “ Did you have a good flight? ” B: “ Yes, it only __took___ four hours to fly to Heathrow airport. ”
    35. A: “ What was wrong with Lucy yesterday ? ” B: “ Oh, she told me that she __had___ had some bad news the previous day.”
    36. A: “ You didn’t buy any peas! Did you forget ? ” B: “ No, but there were __none___ left in the supermarket. ”
    37. A: “ Why was the teacher so angry with your class ? ” B: “ It was because we __had___ finished our project before the class.”
    38. A: “ We have run __out___ of washing powder for the machine. ” B: “ Then we’d better get some more today. ”
    39. A: “ Has your sister recovered __from___ her accident ? ” B: “ Yes, she’s feeling much better now, thank you. ”
    40. A: “ What do you think of this new computer ? ” B: “ Actually, this __is___ the first time I’ve tried using it. ”
    41. A: “ Are you still having trouble with your television ? ” B: “ No, I ___had__ it repaired last week. ”
    42. A: “ Emma is ___such__ a good swimmer that she wins all her races. ” B: “ Really ? Is she going to the Olympic Games ? ”

• 43. A: “ I’m planning to drive to Sydney this weekend. ” B: “ Well, take a map in _case____ you get lost. ”
    44. A: “ I wish I __could ___ speak perfect English ! ” B: “ Honestly, most English people can’t do that ! ”
    45. A: “ The accident wouldn’t have happened if I’d been more careful. ” B: “ You mustn’t blame _yourself____ . It wasn’t your fault. ”
    Pre-Arrival Test 11/03/2009 5

46. A: “ __According___ to some experts, pollution is constantly increasing. ” B: “ I don’t believe it. It certainly isn’t any more polluted here. ”
    47. A: “ I hope that this letter to Alisa arrives on time. ” B: “ You really __should___ have posted it yesterday, as I told you. ”
    48. A: “ Do you enjoy working in the hotel reception? ” B: “ Not really. I hate __being___ interrupted by phone calls all day. ”
    49. A: “ Did you start this job as soon as you graduated ? B: “ Yes. By December, I __shall___ have been working here for five years.”
    50. A: “ The boss is very angry about the number of errors we’ve been making ” B: “ Right, we’d __better___ not make any more mistakes. ”
    51. A: “ Has your friend Sarah failed her driving test again ? ” B: “ Poor Sarah ! She can’t seem to pass, ___however__ hard she tries. ”
    52. A: “ Could I borrow your car, please ? ” B: “ All right, as ___long__ as you promise to drive carefully. ”
    53. A: “ Mr Brown, why has your company been so slow to act ? ” B: “ __Had___ we known of the problem earlier, we would have acted sooner.”
    54. A: “ Did you hear that ? ” B: “ No, I didn’t catch exactly ___what__ they said.”
    55. A: “ Do you think that I’ll be able to put the furniture together ? ” B: “ __Providing/provided/on condition___ that you follow the instructions, I’m sure you will. ”