Помогите, пожалуйста, перевести предложения

• I have to be back by November 19; it is difficult to wind up three years in two weeks.

I was baffled and I asked her whether this would change our arrangement, the contracts for which had not yet come through. Was it on or was it off? I asked.
    (В данном предложении интересует перевод фразы Was it on or was it off)

If the man rumored to become the new Ambassador actually gets the office, he is the man who fought in Parliament for your appointment, since my brother was so busy at the time.

Immediately after this successful event the Ambassador involved himself in trivial details.

Besides, Washington was too competitive, with many such bureaus, for any one of them to have a scarcity value.

his attitude betrayed compensatory inferiority.

• I have to be back by November 19; it is difficult to wind up three years in two weeks.---Я доложен вернуться к 19 ноября. Трудно уложить три года в две недели.

I was baffled and I asked her whether this would change our arrangement, the contracts for which had not yet come through. Was it on or was it off? I asked.
    (В данном предложении интересует перевод фразы Was it on or was it off)---Я недоумевал и спросил ее, изменит ли это нашу договоренность, которая еще не была закреплена в контрактах. Так она еще действовала или уже нет?

If the man rumored to become the new Ambassador actually gets the office, he is the man who fought in Parliament for your appointment, since my brother was so busy at the time.---Если человек. который по слухам должен стать новым послом, фактически им становится, то он и есть тот человек. который боролся в парламенте за твое назначение, поскольку мой брат в то время был очень занят.

Immediately after this successful event the Ambassador involved himself in trivial details.---Сразу же после этого удачного события посол окунулся в повседневную работу.

Besides, Washington was too competitive, with many such bureaus, for any one of them to have a scarcity value.---Кроме того, Вашингтон был слишком конкурентноспособным, в нем было много таких бюро, и в любом из них стоимость определялась дефицитностью товара.

his attitude betrayed compensatory inferiority.---Его отношение выдало компенсаторную неполноценность.

• Благодарю Вас за помощь, Vitaly!

• Небольшая просьба помочь с переводом еще одного предложения.

If the man rumored to become the new Ambassador actually gets the office, he is the man who fought in Parliament for your appointment, since my brother was so busy at the time.”

• Прошу прощения, случайно повторила предложение. Вы его уже перевели.