Задания

• A. Paraphrase these sentences:
    1. I am sorry to say your comments are strange and unexpected. 2. My
    friend had graduated from a Technical College and it was strange for me to learn
    that he had taken up teaching. 3. My sister’s unhappy face surprised me greatly
    as I expected her to be in high spirits over her new appointment.

b. Complete these sentences:
    1. I can’t make up my mind as to what to do ... (to see, puzzling). 2. He
    couldn’t take any definite steps ... (to be puzzled by one’s explanation).
    3. The girl knew that the old aunt hated her, ... (to puzzle, unexpected
    kindness).

b. Complete these sentences:
    1. You won’t have much to do at this time of the day here, just ... (to
    answer occasional calls, to type occasional letters). 2. He intends to start
    systematic research work, so far ... (experiments, occasional). 3. At her birthday
    party the girl was very fashionably dressed ... (a special occasion).
    4. EXPO displayed our achievements in different fields, wide preparations
    ... (for the occasion).

Translate into Russian:
    1. His answer made me angry. 2. I want you to make the report shorter. 3.
    Her words made me happy. 4. These descriptions will make the story long.
    5. The new furniture made the room very comfortable. 6. These details made
    the story very interesting. 7. The changes made the room very big.

• Translate into Russian:
    1. His answer made me angry.---Его ответ разозлил меня. 2. I want you to make the report shorter. --Я хочу, чтобы вы укоротили ваш доклад.3.
    Her words made me happy.---Ее слова порадовали меня. 4. These descriptions will make the story long.---Эти описания удлинят рассказ.
    5. The new furniture made the room very comfortable.---Новая мебель сделала комнату значительно удобнее. 6. These details made
    the story very interesting.---Эти подробности сделал рассказ очень интересным. 7. The changes made the room very big.---Эти изменения значительно увеличили комнату.

• A. Paraphrase these sentences:
    1. I am sorry to say your comments are strange and unexpected. ---I did not expect that you would comment in such a strange and unexpected way.2. My
    friend had graduated from a Technical College and it was strange for me to learn
    that he had taken up teaching. ---....and I was quite surprised to leaen that he had begun to work as a teacher.3. My sister’s unhappy face surprised me greatly
    as I expected her to be in high spirits over her new appointment.---...as I had expected that she would be glad at her new appointment.