Очень прошу помочь с временами, заранее благодарю

• Last week, my best friend John 1.(have) a birthday party. He 2.(invite) all his close friends, and we 3.(go) to the forest. Because John 4.(not have) barbecue for a long time, we 5.(decide) that it 6.(be) what we 7.(prepare). While Janice and Sally 8.(look) for wood to start the fire, Bob and I 9.(unload) the car. By the time we 10.(set) out all the food, someone 11.(already/start) the fire, and it 12.(burn) really well. The smell of the barbecue 13.(make) everyone very hungry, and it 14.(must smell) very good because suddenly, from out of the wood we 15.(hear) grutting and heavy footsteps. We 16.(look) up to see a huge bear! And, at that moment, he 17.(ramble) toward us. I wish I 18.(can say) that we 19.(be) brave, but we all 20.(run) away.

• Last week, my best friend John 1.(had) a birthday party. He 2.(invited/had invited) all his close friends, and we 3.(went) to the forest. Because John 4.(hadn't had) barbecue for a long time, we 5.(decided) that it 6.(would be) what we 7.(would prepare). While Janice and Sally 8.(were looki)ng for wood to start the fire, Bob and I 9.(were unloading the car. By the time we 10.(set) out all the food, someone 11.(had already/started) the fire, and it 12.(was burning) really well. The smell of the barbecue 13.(made) everyone very hungry, and it 14.(must have been smelling) very good because suddenly, from out of the wood we 15.(heard) grutting and heavy footsteps. We 16.(looked) up to see a huge bear! And, at that moment, he ?17.(was rambling) toward us. I wish I 18.(could say) that we 19.were) brave, but we all 20.(ran) away.