help

• help

Present Perfect.
    Supply the Present Perfect Tense of the verbs in brackets.
    I (nor get) the grant this year.
    The settlers (leave) the bay forever.
    He (not answer) my letter yet.
    You ever (eat) caviar?
    She recently (become) a student.
    The (travel) all over the world.
    How long you (be) here.
    My friend (buy) a new car.
    I (lose) gloves.
    I never (ride) a camel.
    They never (behave) like this before.

Insert since or for into the appropriate sentences.
    Example: Where is Kate? Oh, she’s been in London since 2010.
    I’ve known him … long time.
    We’ve been on holiday … three weeks.
    He’s been a student … four years.
    She hasn’t been to work … July.
    She has been ill … a fortnight.
    They have been divorced … last year.
    We have been very busy … Christmas.
    My grandmother has been a pensioner … five years.
    He’s been away … a month.

Insert already, ever, yet, just into appropriate sentences.
    1. Have you … been to South Africa? 2. Have you … finished writing your essay or did you finish it earlier? – I haven’t finished it … . 3. Shall I pay the waiter? – No, I’ve … paid the bill. 4. Have you … spoken to a famous person? 5. Ann, lay the table. I’ve cooked dinner. 6. They don’t know what the problem is. They have … arrived. 7. Is it a good film? – Yes, it’s the best I have … seen. 8. The post hasn’t come … 9. She has … explained the situation to me. 10. He hasn’t invites me to the party.

Supply one of the Present Tenses: the Present Simple, the Present Continuous, the Present Perfect.
    1. I must know what you (talk) about. 2. I hear that you (be) in this country for some time. 3. He (admire) you tremendously. 4 I (not know) what Harry (say) to you. 5. I want to see how much he (change) since I (see) him last. 6. We (be) to the picture about twice a week ever since. 7.Hallo, what you (do) there at this late hour? 8. I (suppose) you never (have) anything to do with this people? 9. She (be awake) since two in the morning. 10. I always (stay) in my dressing room and (rest) till the evening performance. Can’t I come and see you while you (rest)? 11. I (hear) you look for a new house. 12. Since the tragedy Mr. Holmes and I (hear) of many strange things. 13. … (happen) anything else since your arrival in London?

• Insert already, ever, yet, just into appropriate sentences.
    1. Have you …ever been to South Africa? 2. Have you …just finished writing your essay or did you finish it earlier? – I haven’t finished it …yet . 3. Shall I pay the waiter? – No, I’ve … already paid the bill. 4. Have you …ever spoken to a famous person? 5. Ann, lay the table. I’ve just cooked dinner. 6. They don’t know what the problem is. They have …just arrived. 7. Is it a good film? – Yes, it’s the best I have … ever seen. 8. The post hasn’t come …yet 9. She has already … explained the situation to me. 10. He hasn’t invited me to the party.yet