Future in the past.

• Complete the sentences with the correct future in the past. Only use was/were going to when there no other choice.

2.1 We _______ get the dresses ready for 5 p.m. but we misses the deadline. That got me the sack!

2.2 Where _______ the photo shoot _______ take place? I thought it was at the fountain.

2.3 Really, I ______ check the window dressing but I didn’t have time.

2.4 Did you know that Raybans ______ become the fashion accessory it is recognized as today?

2.5 Madeleine _______ receive her award last Friday. Then she was off to Brazil.

2.6 The bottom ______ fall out of the market. It couldn’t stay at the levels it was at.

2.7 I believe you _______ pick up the models from the Sheraton.

2.8 Over the next 10 years between 1984 and 1994, the fashion industry _______ find that more products were being copied and sold more cheaply than the originals.

• Разве здесь везде Future in the past?

• but we misses the deadline. Мда, мы все чего-то "misses". И не в первый раз.

• 2.1 We were going to get the dresses ready for 5 p.m. but we missed the deadline. That got me the sack!

2.2 Where was the photo shoot going to take place? I thought it was at the fountain.

2.3 Really, I _was going to_check the window dressing but I didn’t have time.

2.4 Did you know that Raybans ___would ___ become the fashion accessory it is recognized as today?

2.5 Madeleine _was going to__ receive her award last Friday. Then she was off to Brazil.

2.6 The bottom ____would__ fall out of the market. It couldn’t stay at the levels it was at.

2.7 I believe you _____would __ pick up the models from the Sheraton.

2.8 Over the next 10 years between 1984 and 1994, the fashion industry ___would____ find that more products were being copied and sold more cheaply than the originals.