разница wait and expect

• как я понимаю, когда используется wait ,ничего другого делать нельзя как просто ждать.
    Пр. He is waiting for a wonder. = Я понимаю это так, просто ждет чудо, и все, без каких либо других действий
    They will be waiting for us near the shop. =Я понимаю это так, просто ожидают нас.
    Правильно я понимаю испольщование wait?

Когда используется expect, можно выполнять другие действия.
    Пр. He is on a beach. He is expecting a letter from his father.
    She is cooking dinner, and she is expecting her husband.

Правильно все я понимаю с этими словами?
    сложно немного(

• Expect, hope or wait?
    from English Grammar Today

Expect

We use expect to say that we believe that something will happen. We use expect in the following main patterns:

expect + object:
    She’s expecting a second baby.
    expect + to-infinitive:
    We expect to move into our new flat next week.
    expect + that-clause:
    We expected that the guest house would have much better rooms.
    expect + object + to-infinitive:
    The company expects her to be early.
    Expect also means ‘think’ or ‘suppose’. When expect has this meaning, we do not commonly use it in the continuous form:

A:
    Will he have bought the necklace by now?

B:
    I expect so.

Not: I’m expecting so.

I expect that he’ll be wearing that bright blue shirt.

Not: I am expecting …

When we expect that something will not happen or is not true, expect is most commonly used in a negative form:

I don’t expect she will pass the exam. (preferred to I expect she won’t pass …)

• Wait

We use wait when we refer to letting time pass because we are expecting that something is going to happen. We use wait in the following main patterns:

wait (imperative):
    Just wait here with the bags and I’ll go and get a taxi.
    wait + for:
    Don’t worry. I’ll wait for you.
    wait + to-infinitive:
    When the band arrived at the concert hall, a large crowd of screaming fans were waiting to greet them.
    wait + for + object + to-infinitive:
    They’re waiting for him to make up his mind and won’t do anything until he does.

Expect, hope or wait: typical errors

We don’t use wait or wait for to say that we believe that something will happen. We use expect:

People usually expect holidays to revive their spirits and renew their souls and they often succeed in achieving that target.

Not: People usually wait for holidays to …

We don’t use expect to refer to time passing when we are talking about something that we hope is going to happen:

I look forward very much to hearing from you soon, and I wait anxiously for a positive answer.

Not: … and I expect anxiously a positive answer.

• Вы усложнили все.

у меня просто глупый вопрос, как ведет себя человек при использовании expect, когда он чего ждет он может делать другие действия кроме как просто ждать на месте, так?

а при использовании wait человек просто ждет , и не может делать другие действия, так?
    У меня не понимае как ведет себя человек при
    тих wait and expect.

• Хорошо, больше усложнять не буду, вопрос действительно глупый.