Нужна помощь в решении контрольной по Английскому языку.

• №1. Переведите следующие предложения, обращая внимание на независимый причастный оборот.
    1. I couldn't give you a call, with my telephone being out of order. 2. The concert was followed by a dance, many people staying for it. 3. My wife having left for several days on vacation, I had to run the house. 4. The performance being over, everybody went home. 5. The tourists were walking along the streets, with the guide explaining the history of the town.
    № 2. Переведите следующие предложения, определяя функцию герундия.
    1. I think of spending my next summer holidays in the Crimea. 2. Everybody was surprised at seeing Mr. Ray so early. 3. We did not succeed in getting tickets for the last train. 4. On learning that my friend was ill I went to see him at once. 5. There was little hope of getting confirmation. 6. Swimming in hot weather is always pleasant. 7. When will you finish reading this brochure? 8. Before leaving for London I'll let you know. 9. After receiving the keys the customers thanked the receptionist. 10. This local museum is worth seeing.
    № 3. Замените инфинитивы, данные в скобках, соответствующими формами герундия. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
    1. I like the idea of (to organize) a swimming contest. 2. Are you fond of (to play) tennis? 3. There is no chance of (to get) tickets for this cruise. 4. I think of (to take part) in the forthcoming conference. 5. We had much difficulty in (to translate) the article. 6. I was afraid of (to be late) for the plane. 7. I remember (to tell) them about it. 8. Do you mind my (to leave) you for a moment? 9. I don't mind (to gather) at Peter's place tomorrow. 10. This hotel is not worth (to stay at).
    № 4. Замените придаточное предложение герундиальным оборотом, используя данные в скобках предлоги.
    Образец: When I came home, I called him up (on). - On coming home I called him up.
    1. When he entered the room, he greeted everybody (on). 2. Before we go to the club we often call for them (before). 3. You can improve your pronunciation if you work at it regularly (by). 4. When he received the prize, he left the town (on). 5. You will never know English well unless you learn grammar (with¬out). 6. While you were reading the text, you made a few sound mistakes (in). 7. Before I go to bed I usually listen to the latest news (before). 8. The hero helped the poor because he gave them food and shelter (by). 9. We arrived at the station, we saw that the train had left (on). 10. The students developed their speaking skills because they constantly practised their English (through).
    № 5. Переведите слова, данные в скобках, употребляя герундий.
    1. Do you mind my (курение) here? 2. Leonid is against (чтобы оставаться) there long. 3. I am afraid of (cтрелять). 4. (Гулять) in such weather is very pleasant. 5. We enjoyed (читая) this book. 6. They do not mind (пойти) to the cinema now. 7. I remember (видеть) that film. 8. Our students think of (поехать) to the country next Sunday. 9. Let's go on (работать) at this problem. 10. Will you stop (говорить, болтать)?
    № 6. Найдите в нижеследующих предложениях инфинитив, определите его форму и функцию в предложении. Дифференцируйте конструкции объектный и именительный падеж с инфинитивом. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
    1. To speak with her was a real pleasure. 2. It was a real pleasure to speak to her. 3. The important thing is to repeat all the rules. 4. I must do it at once. 5. He began to study English at school. 6.He promised to come in time. 7.I am ready to help him. 8. I am eager to help him. 9. I am able to help him. 10. Here is the article to be translated at once. 11. He stopped to read a wall newspaper. 11. I saw him cross the street. 12. I know him to have said that. 13. I want you to help me. 14. He was seen to cross the street. 15. He is known to be a famous singer. 16. He was seen to dance in the hall. 17. It’s natural for him to help his friends. 18. I waited for him to speak. 19. This is the book for you to read. 20.He made a remark in a voice too low for me to catch.
    № 7. Письменно переведите следующие предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на перевод объектного и именительного падежей с инфинитивом.
    1. Culture is supposed to include the social dimension. 2. One thinks religion and culture to be two indispensable parts of one whole, its ascending and descending aspirations, breath and exhalation. 3. Culturology is considered to be connected with democratic and pluralistic mentalities because it takes its starting point from the gap between different national and racial cultures. 4. The professor wants this student to attend lectures on the arts of antiquity, performances of avant-garde theater, exhibitions of medieval icons and of abstract paintings.
    № 8. Переведите следующие предложения, и по форме глагола-сказуемого определите тип условных придаточных предложений. Переведите.
    1. If you introduce just one new member, you will alter the personality of the group. 2. If we are making a play about the Battle of Waterloo we shall need to know as much as possible about the details of the battle. 3. Samuel Beckett said about his play Waiting for Godot, "I don't know who Godot is—if I had known I should have said so in the play." 4. Pinter, an English dramatist, declared, "My plays are not symbolic—I wouldn't know a symbol if I saw one." 5. If a student at Oxford fails in an examination he will be allowed to take it again. 6. If you travel down the Thames on a river bus, you will see on your left the grey stone walls and the towers of the Tower of London. 7. "Eliza, if you were to live here for the next six months you would learn how to speak beautifully." (B. Shaw. Pygmalion). 8. If people are on any terms of friendly acquaintance, they will use Christian name or surname only. 9. If there were no clouds, we should not enjoy the sun. (Proverb) 10. If you cannot bite never show your teeth. (Proverb).
    № 9. Переведите следующие предложения, содержащие условные придаточные II и III типа. Помните, что сказуемое в придаточных условных II и III типа переводится глаголом в сослагательном наклонении (прошедшим временем с частицей «бы»). Дифференцируйте типы условных придаточных предложений.
    1. Almost any worker in England would feel insulted (обиженный) if he was addressed by a superior (старший) as "Jones" instead of "Mr Jones". 2. If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. (A proverb). 3. If the tourists came to Glasgow they would visit Alloway near Ayr, the cottage where Robert Burns was born in 1759. 4. If a Londoner wanted a good pit seat, he would have to queue (стоять в очереди) for it outside "the theatre for several hours before the beginning of the performance. 5. If Boris Pasternak had not become a great poet he would have been a talented pianist and a composer. 6. If Stanislavsky in his opera activities had staged the only one opera — Eugene Onegin, the whole world would have had the right to call him a great reformer of the opera theatre. 7. If S. Eizenstein had managed to finish the three parts of the cin-ema-tragedy Ivan the Terrible, we should have seen the greatest creation of cinema art. 8. If Shakespeare had listened to the opera Othello by Verdi, he would have been delighted with it. 9. If Laurence Olivier had played only the role of Hamlet he would have come into the history of the English theatre. 10. If the English people had much leisure time they would devote it to gardening.