Помогите пожалуйста с заданиями.

• 3. Paraphrase the sentences using the correct form of the Infinitive instead of the subordinate clause.

Model: She is (was) glad that she has (had) been offered the job of a solicitor.

She is (was) glad to have been offered the job of a solicitor.

1. The attorney was pleased that he had met the judge presiding at his trial in his golf club.
    2. I am really proud that I have been working with such an outstanding litigator as you are, Mr. Eden!
    3. The defendant is happy that he has been acquitted of double murder at the trial.
    4. Walter was sorry that he had testified falsely at the previous hearing.
    5. My client was glad that he had been given the permission to see his daughter twice a week.

4. Paraphrase the sentences using the colloquial variant.
    Model: To deal with such cases is unpleasant.
    It is unpleasant to deal with such cases.

1. To set up institutional controls over the conformity of jurisdictions has become possible.
    2. To classify a particular state as federal, regionalist or unitary is at times difficult.
    3. To prove Mr. Geckil’s guilt with the evidence being presented in court will be difficult.
    4. To convince the jurors at trial that the accused is guilty will be easier if the victim agrees to be cross-examined.
    5. To render the Spanish witness’s written testimony into English will take a lot of time.

7. Put in the correct forms of the verbs.

ONE CUBE OR TWO?

When I studied at Law College in Cambridge University we had to wear a uniform. The administrators of the university imposed a dress code on us. Like any other prestigious high school they wanted (distinguish) _________________________. As students we were (make/wear) ___________________________ indoor shoes inside the school building. The teachers would never (let us/wear) __________________________

our outdoor shoes at all and they (make us/change) __________________________ in the changing rooms from the moment we entered the building. I’d never known teachers (be) ____________________________ stricter about any other school rule. The trouble was that my indoor shoes really (make me/suffer) ___________________________ because they were so tight. (“Let us/ expand) ____________________________ our shoes!” a fellow student suggested. He had a brilliant idea. We put plastic bags inside our shoes and poured water into the bags. We sealed the bags carefully and put our shoes into the freezer. Of course, the ice (make the shoes/expand) ____________________________ and they were a pleasure to wear. This clever idea (help me/get) _____________________________ through my schooldays with less discomfort and I have never forgotten it!

8. Use the correct form of the Infinitive in brackets.

1. The prisoner expected (to help) _________________ by his attorney.

2. Why did the prosecutor make the witness testifying (to answer) __________________ his questions all over again?

3. The inspector made the suspect (to arrest) __________________ as soon as irrefutable evidence appeared.

4. Let the criminal (to talk) __________________ . He is sure to expose himself sooner or later.

5. One of the jurors asks why the accused didn’t have his secretary (to make) _________________ all the necessary arrangements and did it himself.

6. The idea of a new legislation was too complicated (to express) __________________ in just one paragraph.

7. Judge Simpson hated (to bother) _________________ when he had many more important legal issues (to decide) _________________.

8. John thought he would rather (to get) __________________ to the police station alone, but he was obliged (to accept) __________________ the company of his bodyguards.

9. The next corpse (to examine) _________________ was the body of a young girl died of manslaughter.

10. The detective working on this case of murder for a week looked so tired that he had better (to have) _________________ a rest for a while.

• 1. The attorney was pleased that he had met the judge presiding at his trial in his golf club.---Даете перфектный инфинитив TO HAVE MET
    2. I am really proud that I have been working with such an outstanding litigator as you are, Mr. Eden!---Здесь TO HAVE BEEN WORKING
    3. The defendant is happy that he has been acquitted of double murder at the trial.---Здесь TO HAVE BEEN ACQUITTED
    4. Walter was sorry that he had testified falsely at the previous hearing.---Здесь TO HAVE TESTIFIED
    5. My client was glad that he had been given the permission to see his daughter twice a week.---Здесь TO HAVE BEEN GIVEN

8. Use the correct form of the Infinitive in brackets.

1. The prisoner expected (to help) __to be helped_______________ by his attorney.

2. Why did the prosecutor make the witness testifying (to answer) ________answer__________ his questions all over again?

3. The inspector made the suspect (to arrest) _________to be arrested_________ as soon as irrefutable evidence appeared.

4. Let the criminal (to talk) ___________talk_______ . He is sure to expose himself sooner or later.

5. One of the jurors asks why the accused didn’t have his secretary (to make) ______to have made___________ all the necessary arrangements and did it himself.

6. The idea of a new legislation was too complicated (to express) _____to be expressed_____________ in just one paragraph.

7. Judge Simpson hated (to bother) ______to be bothered___________ when he had many more important legal issues (to decide) __________to decide_______.

8. John thought he would rather (to get) _______get___________ to the police station alone, but he was obliged (to accept) ______to accept____________ the company of his bodyguards.

9. The next corpse (to examine) _____to be examined____________ was the body of a young girl died of manslaughter.

10. The detective working on this case of murder for a week looked so tired that he had better (to have) ____have_____________ a rest for a while.