Задание по Лексикологии

• Look at the following ten sentences, all of which are book titles.
    1. Through the process of counting the lexical verbs, how many clauses is each sentence composed of?
    a. Never let me go. (Kazuo Ishiguro)
    b. Elizabeth is missing. (Emma Healey)
    c. All I really need to know I learned in Kindergarten. (Robert Fulghum)
    d. I was told there’d be cake. (Sloane Crosley)
    e. This isn’t the sort of thing that happens to someone like you. (Jon McGregor)
    f. I still miss my man but my aim is getting better. (Sarah Shankman)
    g. Do androids dream of electric sheep? (Philip K. Dick)
    h. I have no mouth and I must scream. (Harlan Ellison)
    i. You shall know our velocity. (Dave Eggers)
    j. When you look like your passport photo, it’s time to go home. (Erma Bombeck)

• Не можете найти глаголы, странно как-то.

Скрыть комментарии
  • помогите я тупой

• Вам нужны глаголы в инфинитиве или в одной из временных форм?
    Еще вопрос: вам нужны вспомогательные и модальные глаголы? Такие тут тоже употребляются.

Скрыть комментарии
  • В процессе подсчета лексических глаголов, сколько предложений состоит из каждого предложения

• В этих заголовках есть как простые, так и сложные предложения, то есть главное + придаточное предложение.
    Предложения a,b,g and i---простые.
    Остальные ---сложные. Причем предложение f---сложносочиненное, а не сложно подчиненное.

Теперь глаголы. Даем по порядку:

let go
    is missing
    need to know, learned
    was told, would be
    is not, happens
    miss, is getting
    do, dream
    have, must scream
    shall know
    look, is, go

• 2. Are there any syntactic structures that create equivalence and contrast?

B.Obama’s Inaugural Address (January 20th, 2009)
    ‘My fellow citizens:

---

Today I say to you that the challenges we face are real. They are serious and they are many. They will not be met easily or in a short span of time. But know this, America - they will be met.

On this day, we gather because we have chosen hope over fear, unity of purpose over conflict and discord.

On this day, we come to proclaim an end to the petty grievances and false promises, the recriminations and worn out dogmas, that for far too long have strangled our politics.

We remain a young nation, but in the words of Scripture, the time has come to set aside childish things. The time has come to reaffirm our enduring spirit; to choose our better history; to carry forward that precious gift, that noble idea, passed on from generation to generation: the God-given promise that all are equal, all are free, and all deserve a chance to pursue their full measure of happiness.’