how to use the verb "to deplore"

• Hi everyone!
    Recently I have learnt the new verb for me "deplore". `When I started to look through its using I didn't catch how can I use it in my life.
    I mean can I say: "I deplore not to visit Italy" (in meaning "regret about it") or not?
    I also found this example: "The attitude of the Minister is to be deplored" ...Why that is correct? Does that mean "to be deplored by somebody" that's why we use it in a such way?...

Thank U for your answers!

• В словарь Кембриджский вы заглянули, однако не очень внимательно. Если бы рассмотрели примеры, то увидели бы, что после этого глагола употребляется либо существительное, либо придаточное предложение. И что он не для бытового использования, не разговорного, а довольно формального. В вашей фразе лучше подошёл бы глагол hate.

• You might consider this impolite but since we aim at improving our English here, I will dare correct some of your mistakes, at least those which I am able to spot. In exchange, you can correct mine.

Recently I have learnt the new verb for me "deplore".
    Recently I have learnt a new verb for me "deplore".

`When I started to look through its using I didn't catch how can I use it in my life.
    `When I started to explore its usage I didn't catch how I can use it in a real life conversation.

I mean can I say: "I deplore not to visit Italy" (in meaning "regret about it") or not?
    I mean, can I say: "I deplore not to visit Italy" (meaning "regret about it") or not?

Why that is correct?
    Why is that correct?