A lesson in ebonics
A sixth grade class is doing some spelling drills. The teacher asks Tommy if he can spell 'before.' He stands up and says, "Before, B-E-P-H-O-R."
The teacher says, "No, that's wrong. Can anyone else spell before?"
Another little boy stands up and says, "Before, B-E-F-O-O-R."
Again the teacher says, "No, that's wrong." The teacher asks, "Little Johnny, can you spell 'before'?"
Little Johnny stands up and says, "Before, B-E-F-O-R-E."
"Excellent Johnny, now can you use it in a sentence?"
Little Johnny says, "That's easy. Two plus two be fore."
Другие анекдоты по теме:
- Mom took little johnny to the doctor...
- A youngster devoted an entire rainy indoors afternoon to a...
- White Hoose
- Silly superstition
- Their true intention
- Where is the French border?
- One day a little girl was sitting and watching her mother...
- How old am I?
- From Us...
- A rabbi said to a precocious six-year-old boy...
- Весь список