Voice Mail. Never answer your phone if you have voice mail. People don't call you just because they want to give you something for nothing - they call because they want YOU to do work for THEM. That's no way to live. Screen all your calls through voice mail. If somebody leaves a voice mail message for you and it sounds like impending work, respond during lunch hour when you know they're not there - it looks like you're hardworking and conscientious even though you're being a devious weasel. If you diligently employ the method of screening incoming calls and then returning calls when nobody is there, this will greatly increase the odds that the caller will give up or look for a solution that doesn't involve you. The sweetest voice mail message you can ever hear is: "Ignore my last message. I took care of it". If your voice mailbox has a limit on the number of messages it can hold, make sure you reach that limit frequently. One way to do that is to never erase any incoming messages. If that takes too long, send yourself a few messages. Your callers will hear a recorded message that says, "Sorry, this mailbox is full" - a sure sign that you are a hardworking employee in high demand.
George Costanza's Tips for Working Hard IV
Другие анекдоты по теме:
- Some things never change
- What marketing is
- George Costanza's Tips for Working Hard VIII
- Understanding Your Paycheck
- Why you should learn to use algebra . . .
- The organization is like a tree full of monkeys...
- So my sister, a natural blond...
- How do you get 20 vice presidents in a mini-van?
- Several weeks after a young man had been hired...
- Two Italian construction workers...
- Весь список