Mr. Smith was brought to Mercy Hospital...
Mr. Smith was brought to Mercy Hospital (a Catholic hospital), and taken quickly in for coronary surgery. The operation went well and, as the groggy man regained consciousness, he was reassured by a Sister of Mercy, who was waiting by his bed.
"Mr. Smith, you're going to be just fine," said the nun, gently patting his hand. "We do need to know, however, how you intend to pay for your stay here. Are you covered by insurance?"
"No, I'm not," the man whispered hoarsely.
"Then can you pay in cash?" persisted the nun.
"I'm afraid I cannot, Sister."
"Well, do you have any close relatives?" the nun questioned sternly.
"Just my sister in New Mexico," he volunteered. "But she's a humble spinster nun."
"Oh, I must correct you, Mr. Smith. Nuns are not spinsters - they are married to God."
"Wonderful," said Mr. Smith. "In that case, please send the bill to my brother-in-law."
Другие анекдоты по теме:
- A stupid dog
- A few years ago, when the Catholic church reform began...
- Why do priests wear shorts in the shower?
- What do you get when you cross a Jehovah Witness and an atheist?
- Two nuns are riding a bike down a road...
- A pastor in Maine skipped services one Sunday...
- Heavenly golf
- An anti-bat spray
- Sister Ann, arent you putting on a little weight?
- Visual joke
- Весь список