Mr. Smith was brought to Mercy Hospital...
Mr. Smith was brought to Mercy Hospital (a Catholic hospital), and taken quickly in for coronary surgery. The operation went well and, as the groggy man regained consciousness, he was reassured by a Sister of Mercy, who was waiting by his bed.
"Mr. Smith, you're going to be just fine," said the nun, gently patting his hand. "We do need to know, however, how you intend to pay for your stay here. Are you covered by insurance?"
"No, I'm not," the man whispered hoarsely.
"Then can you pay in cash?" persisted the nun.
"I'm afraid I cannot, Sister."
"Well, do you have any close relatives?" the nun questioned sternly.
"Just my sister in New Mexico," he volunteered. "But she's a humble spinster nun."
"Oh, I must correct you, Mr. Smith. Nuns are not spinsters - they are married to God."
"Wonderful," said Mr. Smith. "In that case, please send the bill to my brother-in-law."
Другие анекдоты по теме:
- In a small Southern town there was a nativity scene...
- Got a second?
- Where to send him?
- Do you know what happens if you don't pay your exorcist?
- There was this hooker who mistook a Salvation Army man for...
- What is the fastest way to get a nun pregnant?
- The Hat
- The Mother Superior in the convent school was chatting with...
- A man walked into a gift shop that sold religious items...
- Waxing eloquent on the sins of the flesh...
- Весь список