Paraphrase the sentences using the Objective Infinitive Complex

• Даша
    1.Listening is considered to be as valuable in interviewing as questioning.
    2.He seems to be arrested for stealing goods from a shop.
    3.The collision on the road happened to cause injuries and property damage.
    4.Poisons are known to be rarely used in homicides now because their properties alarm the intended victim.
    5.The court is likely to order the offender to pay compensation for personal injury resulting from the offence.

• Помогите пожалуйста
    Change the following sentences into simple ones using the Objective Infinitive Complex.
    1)He expects that his friends will help him.
    2)Nobody noticed her as she went away.
    3)My wish is that you should enter DNU.
    4)We desired that they should return tomorrow.

• 1)He expects his frienfs to help him.
    2)Nobody noticed her go away.
    3)My wish is for you to enter DNU (так было бы лучше, но по заданию вам нужна такая фраза: I wish you to eneter DNU).
    4)We desired them to return tomorrow.

• Спасибо большое!

• Exercise 220. Change the following complex sentences Into

simple ones using the Objective Infinitive Complex. '

A. 1. We watched the dockers as they unloaded the ship.

2. They watched me as I made my bed. 3. Mother saw him as he climbed over the fence. 4. I watched them as they played ice-hockey. 5. Nobody noticed her as she went away.

B. 1. We expect that he will come back at 7. 2. They

expect that their football team will win the game. 3. She expected that her friend would write her a letter. 4.1 expect that you will come in time. 5. He expects that his friends will help him. -

C. 1.1 think that he is a good engineer. 2.1 suppose that he is about forty. 3. I believe that they are at home now.

4.1 know that she is very modest. 5. They believe that he is honest.

D. 1. My wish is that you should tell me about it. 2. Her parent’s wish is that she should enter a music school. 3. Our wish is that you should go to the forest with us. 4. His father’s wish is that he should become an engineer. 5. My wish is that you should stay here.

E. 1. I desire that iie should see me off. 2. I desire that

she should go shopping. 3. We desire that he should repair our radio set. 4. I desire that he should stop smoking. 5.1 desire that they should return tomorrow

• Exercise 220. Change the following complex sentences Into

simple ones using the Objective Infinitive Complex. '

A. 1. We watched the dockers as they unloaded the ship.---We watched the dockers unload the ship (инфинитив идет без частицы TO). В остальных предложениях подгоняйте по этому образцу.

2. They watched me as I made my bed. 3. Mother saw him as he climbed over the fence. 4. I watched them as they played ice-hockey. 5. Nobody noticed her as she went away.

B. 1. We expect that he will come back at 7.--- We expect him to come back (здесь инфинитив с частицей TO. Остальное подгоняйте по образцу)2. They

expect that their football team will win the game. 3. She expected that her friend would write her a letter. 4.1 expect that you will come in time. 5. He expects that his friends will help him. -

C. 1.1 think that he is a good engineer.---I think him to be a goos engineer.2.1 suppose that he is about forty.---I suppose him to be... 3. I believe that they are at home now.----I believe them to be ...

4.1 know that she is very modest.---I know him to be... 5. They believe that he is honest.---They believe him to be...

D. 1. My wish is that you should tell me about it.---I wish you to tell me... 2. Her parent’s wish is that she should enter a music school.---Her parents wish her to enter... 3. Our wish is that you should go to the forest with us.---We wish you to go... 4. His father’s wish is that he should become an engineer.---His father wishes him to become... 5. My wish is that you should stay here.---I wish you to stay... .

E. 1. I desire that iie should see me off.---I desire him to see... 2. I desire that

she should go shopping.---I desire her to go.... 3. We desire that he should repair our radio set.---We desire him to repair... 4. I desire that he should stop smoking.---I desire him to stop... 5.1 desire that they should return tomorrow.---I desire them to return...

• Всем привет) Ребят помогите пожалуйста кому не сложно с заданием, а то я что-то совсем запуталась уже(
    Transform the following complex sentences into simple ones using the Objective Infinitive
    Complex. Translate them into Ukrainian.
    1. The police found that the suspect had left the city. 2. I expect that my lawyer will come in time.
    3. The public believed that he was the fairest judge in the county. 4. No one seriously expects that
    the police will solve all the problems in our society. 5. We expected that the jury would find him
    innocent. 6. Nobody noticed as she left the room. 7. I think that he is a good policeman. 8. We
    consider that he is a brave man. 9. They thought that she was guilty.

Transform the following complex sentences into simple ones using the Subjective
    Infinitive Complex. Translate them into Ukrainian.
    1. It is said that British lawyers treat one another with respect. 2. It seems that he knows the
    criminal well. 3. It was expected that the witness would arrive in the morning. 4. It is reported that
    the criminal had escaped from the scene of the crime. 5. It seems that she is listening. 6. It is
    supposed that law enforcement officers enter the danger zone in case of emergency. 7. It is believed
    that he is writing a new novel. 8. It was expected that the film would be shown in September. 9. It
    was noticed that he had been standing there for 15 minutes. 10. It is supposed that everybody knows
    and understands the law

• Марина,делаем так:The police found the suspect to have left the city. I expect my lawyer to come in time.
    2.British lawyers are said to treat one another with respect.

• Примерно поняла=) спасибо огромное за ответ)