Break The Habit Of Speaking Russian All The Time

• Hi everybody! I'd like to bring up one serious issue. Actually, it will get clear for you from my message.

Old habits die hard, you know. I firmly believe most of you would like to be completely fluent in English. Surprisingly enough, one does not have the slightest idea what it is all about!

Feel at ease and start using English words instead of Russian ones. Once you've stepped onto this right track, your success will be guaranteed.

Let's practice our English, ask questions in English as well. There is no denying, it's absolutely amazing and doesn't border on the ridiculous as you may think. I hope my point is quite simple and it will help you tremendously in your further English progress.

• Hi! Are you really native speaker? If so, could you give your ICQ or MSN, or e-mail to me? I have some trouble with the tenses, especially Present Perfect and Simple Past.

Thanks in advance.

• Subzero, thanks a lot for your message. Really, I'm on cloud nine.

Well, let me put my point straight. Actually, I'm a non-native speaker and, obviously enough, not for one minute am I going to fool you. All the same, briefly speaking, I'm completely fluent in English, make sure. Additionally, remarkable as it may seem, I'm completely engrossed in teaching (upper-intermediate, advanced students). Moreover, I have to say that my professional interest has a lot do with Cambridge exams (FCE, CAE). In fact, I get a real kick out of making my students brush up on them.

Concerning your everpresent problems with tenses, I stick to the point there's very little use knowing tenses from A to Z. As you probably guess, Real English bears no comparison with all this.

If you have any questions, I could clarify some of them. Feel free to contact me on my mail, if you wish:

nativespeaker@narod.ru

Good luck

• nativespeaker, I've written to you.

• Subzero, you've got a fully and detailed answer on your mail, I hope.

To my humble opinion, the most crucial mistake for most English learners has its roots in the fact that they are absolutely convinced that English tenses are the be-all-and-end-all of English. If so, they're badly mistaken.

Look at my style. To the best of my knowledge, you need to use:
    1. Collocations (firmly believe, completely fluent, feel at ease, your success will be guaranteed, absolutely amazing, my point is quite simple, help you tremendously, let me put my point straight, make sure, completely engrossed in, everpresent problems, bears no comparison with, could clarify some of them, feel free to contact me, if you wish)
    2. Phrasal Verbs (bring up one serious issue, has a lot do with, brush up on them, stick to the point)
    3. Idioms (Old habits die hard, does not have the slightest idea, what it is all about, stepped onto this right track, get a real kick out of, from A to Z)
    4. Linking words (actually, surprisingly enough, there is no denying, obviously enough, All the same, briefly speaking, additionally, remarkable as it may seem, Moreover, I have to say, In fact, Concerning, As you probably guess)
    5. More advanced grammar and structures (one does not have, not for one minute am I going to fool you, there's very little use knowing tenses)

All this is absolutely essential if you really want to stay on the fast track to proficiency.

I wish you every success in your studies. Good luck

• Don't mind my misprints. Surely, I meant 'in my humble opinion'

• Yes, but it is too hard for some learners to get rid of the problem you`re talking about.

• You are absolutely right. It goes without saying, you've come up with a brilliant idea. Make sure, I go along with it.

I sincerely hope, sooner or later, they will break down this barrier..

• fuck you, fuckees. notably nativspeaker, pretending to be the cleverest

• Face up to the reality! Life will judge us..