отступать, отказываться от своих притязаний или требований
I could see that Allan would back down if I stood firm.
- get off (someone's) back
- back down (from someone or something)
- back up (someone or something)
- back and forth
- stab (someone) in the back
- turn one's back on (someone or something)
- back to square one
- scratch (someone's) back
- back out (of something)
- put one's back into (something)
- You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.
- off one's back
- pat on the back
- get (someone's) back up