отступать, отказываться от своих притязаний или требований
I could see that Allan would back down if I stood firm.
- put one's back into (something)
- get off (someone's) back
- get (someone's) back up
- have one's back to the wall
- back down (from someone or something)
- scratch (someone's) back
- back to basics
- back the wrong horse
- give (someone) the shirt off one's back
- back on one's feet
- You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.
- stab (someone) in the back
- back up (someone or something)
- behind one's back