жить очень бедно, "перебиваться с хлеба на квас"
After her husband's death Silvia was living a hand-to-mouth existence.
- live from hand to mouth
- in good hands
- fold one's hands
- hand over (someone or something) to (someone)
- wring (someone's) hand
- keep one's hands off (someone or something)
- go away empty-handed
- have a hand in (something)
- work hand in hand (with someone)
- out of hand
- hand over fist
- wash one's hands of (someone or something)
- give (someone) a big hand
- hand down a decision