A young minister, in the first days of his first parish, was obliged to call upon the widow of an eccentric man who had just died. Standing before the open casket and consoling the widow, he said, "I know this must be a very hard blow, Mrs. Vernon. But we must remember that what we see here is the husk only, the shell...the nut has gone to heaven."
A young minister, in the first days of his first parish...
Другие анекдоты по теме:
- Heaven and smoking
- What is white and flies across the sky?
- What do a priest and a Christmas tree have in common?
- Three religious truths
- The girl knelt in the confessional and said...
- What did the priest say to the nun when he screwed her?
- A stupid dog
- A very religious man lived right next door to an atheist...
- The congregation was sitting and waiting for the preacher...
- The wrong definition
- Весь список