hide one's head in the sand
стараться не видеть неприятной или опасной ситуации, "прятать голову в песок"
Willy keeps from knowing something unpleasant; he prefers to hide his head in the sand.
- head is buzzing
- head case
- have eyes in the back of one's head
- talk (someone's) head off
- touched (in the head)
- go to one's head
- trouble one's head about (someone or something)
- fall head over heels in love with (someone)
- need (something) like a hole in the head
- get it into one's head to (do something)
- give (someone) a swelled head