hide one's head in the sand
стараться не видеть неприятной или опасной ситуации, "прятать голову в песок"
Willy keeps from knowing something unpleasant; he prefers to hide his head in the sand.
- make heads or tails (out) of (something)
- head for (someone or something)
- head over heels
- count heads
- touched (in the head)
- head start
- able to (do something) standing on one's head
- stand (something) on its head
- give (someone) a swelled head
- in over one's head
- stick one's head in a noose
- stand on one's head (to do something)
- have a big head