hold one's horses
ждать, быть терпеливым, "попридержи коней"
"Hold your horses!" Mr. Smith said to Ron when the latter said he would call the police.
- change horses in midstream
- hold off
- back the wrong horse
- hold the line at (something)
- straight from the horse's mouth
- hold out (one's hand)
- Hold on!
- hold (someone) in high regard
- work like a horse
- dark horse
- hold one's own (in an argument)
- hold the fort
- hold (someone) down
- hold one's peace
- hold on to (someone or something)