with one's tail between one's legs
испугаться или струсить, "поджать хвост"
The boss told Mike to get out, and the latter left the office with his tail between his legs.
- with hat in hand
- wipe the floor with (someone)
- with relish
- welcome (someone) with open arms
- Break a leg!
- wait with bated breath
- with every (other) breath
- shake a leg
- with all one's heart (and soul)
- pull (someone's) leg
- with ease
- with flying colors
- with all the fixings
- work hand in hand (with someone)
- what with