with one's tail between one's legs
испугаться или струсить, "поджать хвост"
The boss told Mike to get out, and the latter left the office with his tail between his legs.
- get one's sea legs
- with ease
- with the best of them
- with respect to (something)
- work wonders (with someone or something)
- with all one's heart (and soul)
- with hat in hand
- wouldn't touch (someone or something) with a ten-foot pole
- with an eye to (doing something)
- pull (someone's) leg
- Break a leg!
- with a jaundiced eye
- shake a leg
- with no strings attached
- have a hollow leg