Young man Murphy applied for an engineering position at an Irish firm based in Dublin. An American applied for the same job and both applicants having the same qualifications were asked to take a test by the Department manager.
Upon completion of the test both men only missed one of the questions. The manager went to Murphy and said, "Thank you for your interest, but we've decided to give the American the job."
Murphy: "And why would you be doing that? We both got 9 questions correct. This being Ireland and me being Irish I should get the job!"
Manager: "We have made our decision not on the correct answers, but on the question you missed."
Murphy: "And just how would one incorrect answer be better than the other?"
Manager: "Simple. The American put down on question # 5, 'I don't know.' You put down 'Neither do I.'"
Другие анекдоты по теме:
- The boss called one of his employees into the office...
- Three envelopes
- Saving the situation
- A middle manager is called into his bosses office...
- The organization is like a tree full of monkeys...
- Mary came back from lunch to find that all the girls...
- Brain or muscles?
- The external organs of a body were fighting over who should be boss...
- Not so fast!
- It's not a big deal, but it feels good
- Весь список