Mr. Greenberg was an illiterate immigrant...
Mr. Greenberg was an illiterate immigrant, but he worked hard, saved his pennies, and started a small business. It did well, and soon he had enough money to send for the wife and children. The work kept him very busy, so he never had time to learn to write, but the bank was happy to do business with him, even though his signature consisted of two X's.
He prospered, he opened more stores, the kids were transferred to private schools, the family moved into a fancy house (with one staircase going nowhere just for show)...you get the idea. One day his banker, Mr. Smith, asked him to drop by.
"So vat's the problem?" Greenberg asked, a bit anxiously.
Smith waved a bunch of checks at him. "Perhaps nothing," he said, "but I wanted to be on the safe side. These recent checks of yours are all signed with 3 X's, but your signature of record has just 2."
Greenberg looked embarrassed. "I'm sorry about making trouble," he said, "but my vife said that since I'm now such a high class rich guy, I should have a middle name!"
Другие анекдоты по теме:
- How do you know when a redneck isn't wearing any underwear?
- A town in Poland had only one cow...
- What goes: Clip Clop Clip Clop...
- Two Amish women were out picking potatoes in the field...
- Do you know why the baby Jesus was not born in Iowa?
- You know what that little red dot means in the middle...
- Arkansas Governor Application
- Where do you find 60 million french jokes?
- How did they know that Jesus was Jewish?
- How do Redneck mothers know when their daughters are having their period?
- Весь список