Two gas company servicemen, a senior training supervisor and a young trainee, were out checking meters in a suburban neighborhood. They parked their truck the end of the alley and worked their way to the other end.
At the last house a woman looking out her kitchen window watched the two men as they checked her gas meter.
Finishing the meter check, the senior supervisor challenged his younger coworker to a foot race down the alley back to the truck to prove that an older guy could outrun a younger one.
As they came running up to the truck, they realized the lady from that last house was huffing and puffing right behind them. They stopped and asked her what was wrong.
Gasping for breath, she replied, "When I see two gas men running as hard as you two were, I figured I'd better run too!"
Другие анекдоты по теме:
- A young man, hired by a supermarket, reported for his first day...
- Jim will not be in today. He is not feeling himself. Thank you.
- When the formal private briefing of the attractive new teacher...
- A responsible applicant
- How many managers does it take to change a light bulb?
- The pretty secretary came in late for work the third day...
- Some professions
- Paddy wanted to be an accountant, so he went...
- Wrong floor
- Весь список