A fellow had just been hired as the new CEO of a large high tech corporation. The CEO who was stepping down met with him privately and presented him with three numbered envelopes. "Open these if you run up against a problem you don't think you can solve," he said.
Well, things went along pretty smoothly, but six months later, sales took a downturn and he was really catching a lot of heat. About at his wits's end, he remembered the envelopes. He went to his drawer and took out the first envelope. The message read, "Blame your predecessor."
The new CEO called a press conference and tactfully laid the blame at the feet of the previous CEO. Satisfied with his comments, the press -- and Wall Street -- responded positively, sales began to pick up and the problem was soon behind him.
About a year later, the company was again experiencing a slight dip in sales, combined with serious product problems. Having learned from his previous experience, the CEO quickly opened the second envelope. The message read, "Reorganize." This he did, and the company quickly rebounded.
After several consecutive profitable quarters, the company once again fell on difficult times. The CEO went to his office, closed the door and opened the third envelope.
The message said, "Prepare three envelopes."
Другие анекдоты по теме:
- Steve, Bob and Jeff are working on a very high scaffolding...
- How many managers does it take to change a light bulb?
- George Costanza's Tips for Working Hard VIII
- The company president called the chief security guard...
- The external organs of a body were fighting over who should be boss...
- Reaching the end of a job interview...
- What is the difference between a toilet and Convienience Store Clerk?
- Jim will not be in today. He is not feeling himself. Thank you.
- The bank manager was in the final stages of hiring...
- Equally qualified
- Весь список