bad-mouth (someone or something)
оговаривать кого-то, отзываться плохо о ком-либо \ чём-либо
Their neighbor Mr. Cannon is a mean person; he has the habit of bad-mouthing everybody.
- leave a bad taste in one's mouth
- be off to a bad start
- put words into (someone's) mouth
- take the words out of (someone's) mouth
- shoot one's mouth off
- laugh out of the other side of one's mouth
- bad blood (between people)
- foam at the mouth
- down in the mouth
- not open one's mouth
- have a big mouth
- bad hair day
- Shut your mouth!