hold one's head up
иметь чувство собственного достоинства, "высоко держать голову"
Though John lost his case in court, he didn't lose his dignity and held his head up.
- turn (something) on its head
- hold one's nose
- head for (someone or something)
- stick one's head in a noose
- keep a cool head
- hold forth
- have (something) hanging over one's head
- hold up
- hold (someone) hostage
- give (someone) a swelled head
- have a big head
- Heads up!
- put one's head in a noose
- hold court
- stand (something) on its head