like a bolt out of the blue
внезапно, откуда ни возьмись, "как гром среди ясного неба"
The news of his son's death was like a bolt out of the blue.
- like pulling teeth
- like it or lump it
- like father, like son
- like a deer caught in the headlights
- like waving a red flag in front of a bull
- like a three-ring circus
- like one of the family
- like greased lightning
- Like it's such a big deal!
- like looking for a needle in a haystack
- like shooting fish in a barrel
- like two peas in a pod
- look like death warmed over
- like a bump on a log
- like an open book