put one's foot in one's mouth
попасть впросак, "сесть в лужу"
He was afraid lest he should put his foot in his mouth, so he decided to keep silent.
- put on the feed bag
- put two and two together
- put (someone) through
- get one's foot in the door
- let the grass grow under one's feet
- get off on the wrong foot
- stand on one's own two feet
- put (something) down in black and white
- put flesh on (something)
- put the cat among the pigeons
- put one's cards on the table
- put a bug in (someone's) ear
- put one's finger on (something)
- My foot!
- put one's hand to the plow