Speak English, if you speak at all (to all advanced)

• Thank you for the remarks, Maria, I’ll take them into account. I wonder how it came that you know so confidently the way the real native speaks? I, being Russian, am not certain about my Russian colleges, the way they will speak…
    A kind of irritation you have, haven’t you? Why? I didn’t mean to harm you, by no means. Some like these words, some prefer others, a matter of preference, nothing more, hey? Finding a more suitable word is a matter of skill and, I dare say, art.
    I assume I was not precise in some places, nothing more appropriate came in mind, thank you for the advice. But I am afraid, such a strict approach will scare off all the participants of the conference.
    Appendix
    1…"Thank you," he said. "What lies directly ahead for us comes down to looking and listening, mostly”.
    (S. King, “Wolves of the Calla”)
    …"You are in the habit of using it for valuable documents?" queried Malcolm Sage.
    "As a matter of fact very seldom. It is mostly empty." was the reply.
    (Malcolm Sage, Detective by Herbert Jenkins)

…Flagg was wearing jeans, a checked shirt, his jeans jacket with the two buttons on the
    breast pockets, and his rundown cowboy boots. In the sudden hush the sound of
    those bootheels clocking their way down the cement path' was the only sound . .
    . a sound out of time.
    (S. King, “The Stand”)

2 If you don’t know a word, that does not mean that it is wrong or does not exist:
    obtrusive – навязчивый
    obsolete – устарелый
    what not – и так далее, и тому подобное
    (Большой Англо-Русский словарь, ред. Гальперина)

P.S. And the “Word” is a good spelling checker, yet.

• If you don’t know a word, that does not mean that it is wrong or does not exist:
    obtrusive – навязчивый
    obsolete – устарелый
    what not – и так далее, и тому подобное
    (Большой Англо-Русский словарь, ред. Гальперина)
    This post is not fair, just because it was me who suuggested obsolete.It obviosly means i knew the word/
    Then it was me who suugested annoying instead of obtrusive Yes did not know the word obtrusive then i looked it in the dictionary and suggested a synonimous word.Which is more colloqual.

The strict approach which scares forum-users is yours/ And i was even stricker/ Because everything genious is simple.Your English is the same what is the russian of ,say, Tolstoy- in real life people never speak like in books of Tolstoy. More ovr it difficult for them to listen t this language with foreign acsent. Once i spoke to an italian woman she tild me 'Состоится ли прибытие самолета в 8 часов" There were no mistakes in her speech.

• The problem is that if your purpose is communication you should speak as simple as possible. five year ago i also spoke like you i cited books and people kept saying to me tha my English is too good. This taught me to look for oher word i bought in England some books for children and newspapers. And rewrite most frequently used diologues. The result was marvelous.All the dictionaries are made by people i one my own made some artickles ifor wekiepedia and they were placed and now you can read them/ All people make mistakes. I just try to explain ti you that the purpose of language is to communicate not to humiliate the people and showing off/ Every single day i speak to native speakers andmay be twice a week (exept shops )i speak to russians.I read english books and what movies in English. And i just know because i know. When i can distinqwish australian from american and english from american. All of them speak differently and use diffrent words. But I always can distingwish between a russian who makes mistakes because he doesn know, who makes mistakes because he is just tired or in a hurry (ussually native spekers also make the same mistakes/or example many of them dont say s with the verb and the 3rd person.)and the one who tries to speak even more beutiful language
    and whose language could be good if it was not that funny.

• sorry for misprints i hope you understand that not one my own but on my own, five years ago , just i rush

• and very angry
    I always get angry when I come across thing like this because there is nothing to do about people like you. They charge huge money for this.

• Get on peoples nerves and really scare them off from communication/

• Hello.
    I apply especially to Serjio....Excuse me, where have you learnt your English? The matter is fact, your English is very bookish.I like it, but nobody speak so,especially american people.Although they are not an exemple for imitation...

• Probably, no one can find an appropriate subject.

• aksinia
    American people are not an example for us.In some way they speak broken english, they are a lot of mistakes in their speech.Actually,they speak language as they like.

• 2 maria.
    Tut-tut. So much ado about nothing. Mind you, I never claimed I had no mistakes
    maria: "sorry for misprints i hope you understand that not one my own but on my own, five years ago , just i rush..."
    I understood nothing, did you? “No decoding possible”. Signed: parteigenosse Bormann
    2 Aksinia
    Yes, I learned English mainly by books, now –TV and films, and my job is linked with reading a lot of technical literature. Oral contacts – occasionally. I have warned I was reading a fantasy book at the time, very specific in style (saga-like), it influenced my language. And I'm used to relate my thoughts written, of course I speak differently. Though I've no problem when speak to a native, Americans included, I'll practice more, it’s fairly easy to arrange. I speak one way, write another, but now I'm "writing", not "speaking", so how can I? I always write absolutely correct Russian (all commas and dots in places) in my Russian posts in other conferences and hate mistakes in Russian. Moreover, the conferences I am interested in (high tech problems), are all of the same style.
    I reflected on the ways we communicate at work. Here are examples:
    My chief: «Я полагаю так, что эту проблему мы сможем решить самостоятельно, не прибегая к помощи цеха?»
    My colleague: «Не знаю, не знаю. Моя интуиция мне подсказывает, что…», or “Позвольте спросить Вас как программист схемотехника…”
    What kind of language is it? Are we crazy?
    (I did my best to simplify my sentences and vocabulary)