Language Trends of the Future
There are consistent trends in the past evolution of languages, and in all likelihood they will continue to change in the same fashion in the future.
In 200 years, spoken French will have only one sound, a vowel. All consonants and gaps between words and sentences will disappear, leaving only an extended "Eauuuuuuuuuuuu..." Meaning will be inferred from facial expression. Written French will stay exactly the same.
These consonants will not be entirely forgotten; they will migrate to Czechoslovakia, which will by that time have no use for vowels.
In 200 years, the English vocabulary will be the union of all other vocabularies, but the spelling will be original.
Similarly, the Japanese alphabet will be the union of all other alphabets in the world.
The Cyrillic alphabet will eventually be the same as the Latin alphabet, only backwards. A mirror will suffice for translating Russian into Polish.
Finally, in 200 years, entire books in Germany will be one word. Plus a verb at the end, of course.
Другие анекдоты по теме:
- Did you hear about the New 3 Million Dollar Alabama State Lottery?
- If you take an Oriental person and spin him...
- Why were there only 49 contestants at the Miss Ebonics USA pageant?
- A Jewish Mother
- A Russian, an Italian and an Irishman got out of work...
- Do you know why the baby Jesus was not born in Iowa?
- What is New Jersey state bird?
- The power of the press
- You might be a redneck if...
- 35 People and an Irishman were in a 4 engine jumbo jet...
- Весь список