Tim Kelly was walking therough a dim passageway...
Tim Kelly was walking therough a dim passageway when someone spoke to him. "Good evenin', Kelly," said the muffled figure. "Don't ye be knowin' your old friend Grogan any more?"
Kelly stared at Grogan, whose face was a patchwork of bandages and adhesive plaster. One arm was in a sling and he was leaning on a crutch.
"Saints!" cried Kelly. "Was ye hit by a train, Grogan, or did ye merely jump from the trestle?"
"It could've been both," said Grogan, "considerin' the feel of it. But the truth is, I was in bed with Murphy's wife when Murphy himself comes in with a murtherin' big shillelagh in his hand, and the inconsiderate creature beat the livin' bejazus outa me."
"He did indade," said Kelly. "But couldn't ye defend y'rself, Grogan? Hadn't ye nothin' in your own hand?"
"Only Mrs. Murphy's ass," said Grogan. "It's a beautiful thing in itself, but not worth a dom in a fight."
Другие анекдоты по теме:
- How many Poles does it take to screw in a light bulb?
- A young Indian boy came back to the reservation...
- The daughter of an Indian chief visits his doctor...
- How do we know the Indians were the first people in North America?
- Tim Shandy stepped into the Warm Spoon, a popular Galway tavern...
- If Tarzan and Jane were Jewish, what would Cheetah be?
- The South Takes a Cue from Oakland
- An effective contraceptive
- How do you tell if an Arkansas girl is old enough to marry?
- With a puzzled look on his face...
- Весь список