have a foot in both camps
поддерживать каждую из оппозиционных групп, "и нашим, и вашим"
I suspect that the governor had a foot in both camps of opposing parties.
- get a foothold (somewhere)
- have a good eye for (something)
- have a nose for (something)
- vote with one's feet
- have in mind
- have had its day
- have a field day
- have (something) going for one
- My foot!
- have (someone or something) on one's hands
- follow in (someone's) footsteps
- land on one's feet/both feet
- have it
- have a weakness for (someone or something)
- have broad shoulders